• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone 20 mg help

methadone95

Greenlighter
first of sorry my english iam a a opiate naive person i took 20 mg in one time methadone mistakenly.am i in danger.if i am in danger how much time take tome overdose

You're probably not in any serious danger man, to be honest. Methadone is pretty powerful and safety must always be exersized when dealing with this shit, but the truth is, that for a healthy person, it will generally take a significant quantity of Opioids to fully arrest their respiratory system, leading to death. 20mg of Methadone is probably enough to sedate you pretty well, but not enough to kill.

You will be experiencing peak effects at around the 3-5 hour mark. Methadone's unusually long half-life is part of what has earned it its place in the field of addiction maintenance. It can and will last all day. The smart thing to do, would be to put some kind of dead man's switch in place just in case. Maybe tell a friend or relative what you've done and that if they don't hear from you in, I don't know, say, 3-5 hours, they should intervene somehow.

Be more careful next time.

It would help to ask us the dangers before you take it, because odds are if it was a dose that is fatal, there is nothing we can do to help. As for the opiate nieve person taking 20mg, I would like to say you should be fine, 20mg is a pretty standard dose, and believe it or not some methadone clinics start you off with even 30mg for a first dose. As long as you don't have any alcohol, benzos,or barbiturates in your system, I should say you will be fine. Methadone and mixing with downers is a huge no no, even the skilled drug addicts fall victim to its vulnerability of having a fatal overdose. And let's just say what you took was enough to overdose, it could take anywhere from 40-mins to 2hours.

thanks for answers answers i am worried but now i am thinking my pills are fake because it doesnt make miosis,itching and warm feelling only make sleepy for 3 hours [h=1][/h]

Stupid phone, sorry for the bump...unfortunately we cannot identify your pill that you may believe is not real, I'm assuming you know that's the rules considering you didn't ask straight out. I wish I could help you but I can't lol. There are plenty of websites you can go to , to identify. .something tells me that if you found bluelight.ru , you should be able to easily find help to your question. Like opiates methadone acts the same way, just because your not itching doesn't mean it's fake. Your an addict I'm assuming, like me? For me I would be able to tell immediately...I suggest you research what prescription drugs you obtain and have a trustworthy source.

I am pretty sure that 20mg of methadone isn't going to kill you, even if you are opiate naïve, just so long as it was JUST methadone you took, mixing methadone with other CNS depressants like opiatekrzy said, is potentially extremely dangerous, especially to someone opiate naïve such as your self.. and yeah so your not itchy? that doesn't mean it is fake, not every opioid is going to make you itch, yes it may sometimes and some will more than others, but its not like if your not itchy its a complete deal breaker and totally a fake pill! lol. It should make you feel sleepy/sedated, especially if your opiate naïve, basically like your nodding in and out of consciousness! that is entirely normal, not to say they couldn't possibly be fake, its just, not too likely they are. I have yet to hear of a fake methadone pill, though I am sure some asshole made them and they are out there, using something like fentanyl instead of methadone, but if it was laced with fentanyl you would most likely be overdosing right now, or had already OD'ed and died, because if fentanyl falls into the hands of someone opiate naïve, they are most likely going to OD and the outcome most likely will be death if too much is consumed, which in the case of fake fentanyl knock off pills, they usually put ALOT of fent in them, from what I have heard! Most of the time people only make the more "popular" pills and street drugs, with fentanyl or just with something like chalk, or some totally inactive ingredient... Oxys, Roxys, Xanax bars, pills like that, are usually the most likely to be fake, and that when purchasing off the street or dark net(especially the dark net!) you should definitely be wary of them.. i don't think you need to worry though in all honesty.. just don't take any more than you already have, and if you do don't take too much more, maybe like 10mg tops.. if you must.. since your opiate naïve, i would still say don't bother as your probably as nice as you want to be right now, and shouldn't risk a possible OD. And check out the imprint on the pills, using a website or google that identifies all prescription or OTC pills, and their size, shape, color, and imprint, there are a few good sites out there.. just to make sure. Be safe, and i wouldn't make it a habit of taking opioids, if i were you! it is one hell of an addiction, literally, once you get physically dependent, and methadone is by far one of the worst of them to withdraw from, due to its long half life/duration of action, and it being a powerful full agonist opioid. Be safe!

thanks for answers answers i am worried but now i am thinking my pills are fake because it doesnt make miosis,itching and warm feelling only make sleepy for 3 hours

methadone is a really quite strong opioid but it has rather subtle effects - please whatever you do don't take any more methadone (or any other opioids) to try and get stronger effects as they can creep up on you and put you in some real danger

Methadone is a pretty straightforward Mu-receptor agonist, like Heroin or Morphine. What makes it underwhelming is its long half-life. If you administer it rectally, it's pretty much indistinguishable from short-acting Opioids.