• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone 10mg

ThunderBringer

Greenlighter
I recently acquired a few 10mg methadone pills. From what I've read so far, methadone is nothing to fuck around with and it needs to be respected. Is 10mg too much for someone to start out on if they have zero opioid/opiate tolerance? And is it safe to smoke bud on top of it?

I would maybe take 5mg to start. I took 10mg with no tolerance a long time ago and was high as fuck for like 10+ hours. I don't get nausea from opiates, but I imagine if I did I would've been puking my brains out.

Ok thanks I'm gonna go ahead and break it in half then. I'd rather play it safe plus I don't really know what to expect from it.

Weed + opioids are a great mix, takes the edge right off the weed. Methadone is a strange beast, it really effects people in many different ways, a lot of people don't even find it particularly recreationally - but a lot do. The advice to start with 5mg is good - wait at least 2 hours before taking the other 5mg if you need it. It lasts a really long time, so there's no risk of wasting it by splitting it up like that.

Also - you'll probably be really tired the entire next day. Also - if you get nausea easily, I'd probably advise against taking it - if it makes you sick, you'll be vomitting for one or two days, which gets really painful.

Zero opiate tolerance as in you've never taken any before? I took 5mg my first time (only because someone had half of a ten lying around and gave it to me along with half a zanny) and I don't remember feeling the dome that much.

IMO 10mg is a good place to start, but if you want to be safe, then just go with 5 like the others said.

I love methadone. It has a nice long half life (10ish hours). I've never needed more than 20-30mgs to feel good.

I used to take methadone when I had no morphine. It is the only opioid besides having an OD on hydromorphone that caused me to throw up the next day for hours and hours. Be careful with this one, as it does have a long half life. It also has the effect of dulling the effects of other opiates/opioids, however they are still in your system and it is incredibly possible to OD if you use other opiates on top of it even though you may not be feeling the effects from them.

5mg seems fine, remember; you can always take more, never less...

Be careful with this one, as it does have a long half life. It also has the effect of dulling the effects of other opiates/opioids, however they are still in your system and it is incredibly possible to OD if you use other opiates on top of it even though you may not be feeling the effects from them.

5mg seems fine, remember; you can always take more, never less...

True and true.

Methadone is designed (when used as intended) to fill your receptors, tricking the brain into thinking you're high 24/7, eliminating cravings. So any opiate you use while on it is basically wasted. Similar to sunoxene, except methadone is more abuseable.

I'd advise to start with 5mg. You can always take more but you cannot take less. Happy days to you

Thanks for all the input/info. Definitely going to start with the 5mg tonight, wait at least 3 to 4 hours and take it from there.

Good luck mate and enjoy that warm smug opiate feeling

Correct, I've never taken any opioid and the only time I ever had vicodin was about 12 years ago when I had my wisdom teeth removed. That's why I'm trying to be cautious since I truly don't have any expectations regarding methadone.

I wouldn't do more then chip with it because tolerance builds very fast and so does dependence.