• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadoe/OxyNorm question

YodaNell

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

I've been on OxyNorm for 14 months now. It started with 5mg but as my tolerance grew, I'm currently prescribed 40mg (20x20mg) tablets of Oxy three times a day (120mg/day).

I have tried to come off OxyNorm once and was prescribed Equity-Methadone 120ml (30mg per day)...tapering off until completed.

But my terrible back pain came back and my doctor continues now to prescribe the same dose of Oxy (as mentioned above) until my back operation.

MY POINT:

I ran out of OxyNorm two days before my next refill, and I used 30 mg of Methadone for yesterday and today (because I started feeling withdrawal effects) until I get more Oxy's tomorrow. Will the oxy have any effect when I use them tomorrow? How long does the Methadone last until the Oxy's will work again?

Thanks guys.

30 mg of methadone is a relatively low dosage, but if you took 30 mg today and you get your OxyNorm tomorrow relatively early you shouldn't feel too bad. How do you feel right now?

How come you ran out of OxyNorm two days before your refill? If you feel more pain some days and feel like you need to dosage slightly higher a few days you should consider telling your doctor that your pain is worth sometimes so you might need a few more OxyNorm's prescribed each time to avoid ending up in a position like this again.

As the dose of methadone is relatively low I think you Oxy's should work as they would normally tomorrow.