• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Meth withdrawals are the best and worse

Total recall

Greenlighter
I was a daily meth user for 7 months and I ended up using 5 grams a week. I'm about a month in and I've quit one time before for two years but this time it's so hard. I want to give a piece of advice to people who think about doing it....

I know you think you can control it I know you think that every thing is okay but by the grace of God or what ever you believe in I was able to quit cold turkey. I almost lost my job, I was a fucking stick with raccon eyes and everybody knew I was on something. I almost lost so much because of this drug and if any body needs help please reach out cause each day without it is another day that the fucking devil of that drug doesn't hold you to it.

I got to the point where I had to snort a line just to be able to eat or function. I did lines bigger then a fucking garden snake and still felt no happiness cause In the end I destroyed my nose and my brain. After daily use I still here voices sometimes I can't think straight yet I still think about going back every day and I know it's not worth it....

Hey @Total recall. My first episode with meth, about 10 years ago, was six months daily IV use where I reached a gram a day. Getting clean of it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I went cold turkey one day. Just packed my bags and moved across the state to stay with my parents (who had been through the same ordeal 10 years prior to that with IV coke).

It took me around three months (an AP’s) before I had any kind of grip on my emotions and six months before any serious use of my brain was possible - in the first six months I could barely read a newspaper or watch a TV episode all the way through. But my dad, bless him, dragged me to the beach to run on the sand and then to the pool to swim endless laps every day at dawn and then again at 5 PM.

After 9 months I felt I was pretty much back at pre-meth baseline and the physical, emotional, and cognitive damage had been temporary. Maybe I lost 5 IQ points permanently. I dunno - but I went back to school and did pretty well after 9 months.

It all does get better and your mind and body are tougher than you think.

I had a bad run with meth for a decent part of 2017 which almost culminated in me dropping out of my degree. Like legit, I made the decision on a Monday evening to go in and face my two mates who has been on holidays when they got back after the break when I'd lost around 7kg while they'd been gone. No room for denial.

I got sober, with the help of one of those friends and my housemate. They sort of formed a gang of trying to keep me going, and I soon enough signed myself up to an intensive outpatient rehab program after showing it to one of my friends who strongly supported me doing it.

I did pretty well through the program, but continued to slip here and there over time. My friends have always been exceptionally accomodating which is why I never lie to them about using. Never ever. If they called me up tomorrow to ask when I used last I'd say last night without missing a beat. Their one condition is that I am expected to reach out for help if it gets bad, and do so myself. I've always done that too.

I relapsed in December, after 18 months off. My friend who previously was entirely tolerant of my meth use (saying such things as 'if you are choosing between killing yourself and shooting up meth I'd much prefer you shoot up meth' in fact) became entirely intolerant due to an external factor. It became (if you ever touch meth again we can't be friends) so for 18 months I avoided it like it would kill me, while I continued to engage in other things. When me and him fell out I got a case of the fuckits and was like 'well it isn't like you can stop being mates with me twice now is it' however I made zero effort whatsoever to inform him I relapsed and requested a mutual friend who I went through a patchy spot with keep him in the dark about that.

I know it's going to take me a while to get back to baseline and I'm planning on starting my recovery when my rent increases in my new apartment.

I was a daily meth user for 7 months and I ended up using 5 grams a week. I'm about a month in and I've quit one time before for two years but this time it's so hard. I want to give a piece of advice to people who think about doing it....

I know you think you can control it I know you think that every thing is okay but by the grace of God or what ever you believe in I was able to quit cold turkey. I almost lost my job, I was a fucking stick with raccon eyes and everybody knew I was on something. I almost lost so much because of this drug and if any body needs help please reach out cause each day without it is another day that the fucking devil of that drug doesn't hold you to it.

I got to the point where I had to snort a line just to be able to eat or function. I did lines bigger then a fucking garden snake and still felt no happiness cause In the end I destroyed my nose and my brain. After daily use I still here voices sometimes I can't think straight yet I still think about going back every day and I know it's not worth it....
I tried meth after mdpv. I remember telling a waitress I work with im going to try crystal. I called it crystal back then because it sounds better. She begged me not to try it, saying someone tried to warn her too and she tried it and regretted it. Now looking back I understand why she tried so hard to change my mind.

It's just the truth not only do you not miss what you've never tried so don't ever try it but you can't be addicted if you never try drugs. So I think drugs changed be for the better. No. I wish I never did drugs. But I haven't touched the stuff in almost three years. It gets easier the longer you stay away.

But it was hard to stay sober for the first six months.. just saying it does get better the longer you stay sober... Good luck...

However if I ever win the lotto I'm going back to using drugs. Lol or if the end of the world happens... Like don't look up the movie. I'll hella be doing lines and having sex before I die.. in fact I plan to do drugs again when I'm in my 70s.. but should you do drugs during your 20s.. no.. no you shouldn't. Learn about them in your 20s, think about them in your 30s build your life, get a job, save up money. Then start doing drugs ..

But doing them on your 20s is a bad idea..

Hey I'm six months clean off meth I was a IV user mostly give or take a ball every 2 days. I went through a really bad withdrawal but I was also on benzos and fent but meth was my homegirl 🥳. I got arrested and 10 days in I the withdrawal kicked in and I fell out my mind went somewhere else for days the I almost die but I had no idea this happened it was like a really intense/long ass DMT trip I woke up to them feeding me Ativan while I was strapped to this uncomfortable wheel chair from the garbage on Thanksgiving and they asked me if I remember anything but I didn't so when I got out I got copy's of my medical records and I was having seizures while in an altered mental state, twitching, screaming, and I couldn't lift my self up I fell alot messed up my shoulder and face. Idk if that's meth withdrawal or just like a combo withdrawal my hallucinations started off terrifying but got better I'll never forget em

Hey @Total recall. My first episode with meth, about 10 years ago, was six months daily IV use where I reached a gram a day. Getting clean of it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I went cold turkey one day. Just packed my bags and moved across the state to stay with my parents (who had been through the same ordeal 10 years prior to that with IV coke).

It took me around three months (an AP’s) before I had any kind of grip on my emotions and six months before any serious use of my brain was possible - in the first six months I could barely read a newspaper or watch a TV episode all the way through. But my dad, bless him, dragged me to the beach to run on the sand and then to the pool to swim endless laps every day at dawn and then again at 5 PM.

After 9 months I felt I was pretty much back at pre-meth baseline and the physical, emotional, and cognitive damage had been temporary. Maybe I lost 5 IQ points permanently. I dunno - but I went back to school and did pretty well after 9 months.

It all does get better and your mind and body are tougher than you think.
Wow mate, I just wish my dad would've been more like u regarding my recovery. Even though he had no problem paying for my extensive(and expensive) torturous rehabs, he lacked the emotional part after I got out of rehab every damn time. Rehab is not a fucking magic wand, you need alottt of emotional support from ur family and ur inner circle. My dad is too cold for thwt shit, in his brain it's like : " OK I already paid for ur rehab, you're clean. NOW DONT FUCK UP" but that's not how it works.... he says I'm always making excuses that I always relapsed cause I'm a fucking idiot( using those words literally) but in reality it's cause after spending 9 months in a rehab which was more a military camp where they tortured me psychologically.....at least I expected some emotional support from my dad since he took therapy once a week during all that time I was locked up. But no, my dad was like OK I paid for your fucking mess, now don't fuvk up again. Let me work and don't annoy me again......
he thought paying for rehab was doing a lot for Me already and that I should man up by myself. Even though he's been a cunt to me for the past 10 years, he's my dad and I love him but he's a really cold person and I needed( and still need) alot of emotional support. I'm a very sensitive person.

Last edited:
I can relate to that too I lost my parents but I have a aunt that's been there for my my mom's and dad's addiction and she just doesn't understand that I need some love for her but I e thought about it and she (people that don't use drugs but they smoke alot of workahol) just can't relate but she does care cause in the end it's all on me to stop and not pick up again and she doesn't understand when I relapse and just throws money at me but just the fact that they pay for people like us to get help means alot to me nowadays I'm not in treatment but I'm going to be in a outpatient program next week and I'm only really doing it for my family and maybe some extra cooping skills.

Hey I'm six months clean off meth I was a IV user mostly give or take a ball every 2 days. I went through a really bad withdrawal but I was also on benzos and fent but meth was my homegirl 🥳. I got arrested and 10 days in I the withdrawal kicked in and I fell out my mind went somewhere else for days the I almost die but I had no idea this happened it was like a really intense/long ass DMT trip I woke up to them feeding me Ativan while I was strapped to this uncomfortable wheel chair from the garbage on Thanksgiving and they asked me if I remember anything but I didn't so when I got out I got copy's of my medical records and I was having seizures while in an altered mental state, twitching, screaming, and I couldn't lift my self up I fell alot messed up my shoulder and face. Idk if that's meth withdrawal or just like a combo withdrawal my hallucinations started off terrifying but got better I'll never forget em
Thank you so much I really appreciate it

As of right now I am 1 month clean. It's hard really there's days where I'm moody and days where I am "my self". I really enjoy sleeping now lol. I still remember when I came home after driving so long to meet my plug and came home empty handed at 2am in the morning and I had work, my mother made my bed so I coils get sleep and I don't think I've ever felt something do comfortable and nice. I remember even getting 3 hours I felt so awake. I slept a lot for the first week and now I'm a lot better.