• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth - what dose is OK for a newbie?

TBH, if I ever dreamt of havin a wak, I would probably stay away from the pick as much as possible..

1 point every 24 hours would be enough givin your small experience.. just know when to stop...

Atleast your not cravin the drug :\

this isnt exactly a scientific response, but from what i've observed amongst friends and acquaintances using meth over the years, it would seem to me that it is the extended, multi-day benders that do the most harm.
in my days of using (which were fairly considerable but nowhere near as bad as some) i only got the the third day of abuse on one or two occasions. and while i've heard meth heads say much to the contrary (ben cousins being a very public example), i thought it was horrible.

if you are interested in dabbling with methamphetamine and not affecting your long-term mental health and neurological wellbeing, i would strongly suggest avoiding a deliberate multi-day bender. if it ends up happening, that's cool, but i don't really consider it to be the next thing to try, the next boundary to push.
i'm not one to lecture, but in the harm minimisation context - it pays to respect your body, man! :)

i feel like i emerged from my years of playing with meth pretty much unscathed, unlike a lot of my friends.
i put this down to the fact that i didn't completely overdo it in the sleep deprivation stakes. sleep is vital to your body's functions, healing and repairing.
stimulants make you feel like you don't need sleep (and prevent you from getting it) but they don't stop you from needing sleep.

as i said, this isn't a scientific response, just what i have felt and observed.

you seem to be doing this with your eyes open and with full attention to inherent risks...
it doesn't seem worth it to me.
the high is better when you're fresh, and the longer you go, the more you wear yourself out and take more from your body than it has to give you. when you've been up for a night or two, you get frazzled, scattered, and you need to keep re-dosing in order to focus and function.
this might be part of the cycle of methamphetamine use for some folks, but i get bored spending hours compulsively doing repetitive tasks with all that fucked-up neurotic energy, waiting to come down or have another hit.
all-nighters are par for the course, but multi-nighters are where you start slipping into 'abuse' territory IMO.

also, i don't think dreaming about drugs is necessarily unusual or a problem.
i dream about drugs all the time, but this doesn't mean they are central to my thoughts or that i am some kind of dope fiend (*ahem*)
it's certainly a stretch to say that if you're dreaming about having a shot, that you're doomed to become a homeless junkie or something. the subconscious can draw on any number of things when you are dreaming.
i bet footy jocks dream about rolling around in the mud with men in little shorts - it doesn't mean they're homosexual. it just means they think about football enough for it to enter their dreams.

Last edited:
Damn, Here in The US, I first did meth at age 18 in 1995, and first injected it in ealry 2006, and we had very pure meth, as the guys I was doing it with were making it, as were many others in my area at the time. I first injected a 1/4 gram aka. .25 g, and have inkected as much as a 1/2 gram of pure Ice at one time, this being said , I have also smoked a lot of meth as well ,and I prefered a nice .25 (1/4 gram injection) of very pure ICE,and the joined the rest of the people who were smoking it, we could sit and smoke several grams over the course of 16 hours or so, although that was with a roomfull of people, with another dozen or so stopping by to buy some ICe from my friend, who sold anywhere from a 1/4 gram min. to an Ounce at a time. Smoking was more of a casual party type thing, while injecting was reserved for me and my friend and one or two other "old school tweekers" who had been doing meth for 10+ years. I quit using meth totally though about 3 years or so ago, had a serious cocaine injecting habit, 3 grams of very pure coke per 12 hours or more. Also had a long term addcition to heroin powder, snorted it as well as IV use. Quit injecting heroin about 8 years ago, and did not use it for a year or so and went back to snorting the good to "fire" colombian #4 powder heroin, on a more occasional basis. I think since drugs are so much cheaper in the US for high purity product, it's easier to get addicted and keep it semi- secret for a long time. I never had to steal or pay the super costly prices you people in Australia do, or I could have never afforded such habits they way I did here in the US..
IV use of meth has led many of my friends to jail, and death , not from OD, but from car, motorcycle wrecks, and suicide as well as murder. I cannot judge and do not judge anyone for IV or smoking or however they choose to get high, but be very careful with the needle with meth, it is very seductive and a much more intense high injected. Smoking meth seems to be a Obsession though with many as well. Anyway just be aware that using the needle for any drug, be it meth,cocaine, or heroin has a certain "high" in the ritaul of preparing the shot after a while, the needle becomes like a drug or high in itself, so just use clean needles, be sure and wipe the area you are injecting with an alcohol wipe or something to clean the skin, hepatitis can live on the human skin and not effect you, until you inject through the skin without washing it off with alcohol first, putting the hepatitis directly into the bloodstream via the tip of the needle. This is fairly rare though, but it's one of the reasons the hospitals all sterilize an IM or IV injection site prior to the injection, to prevent infection from any germs that may be on the skin..

hi,
i'm new to meth, and like it.

it was LSD before, but meth is my 'new thing' i guess.

I'm cruising at a point, once a week on friday night or saturday night.
Is that a lot?

The risk of becoming incapacitated through addiction is my biggest fear.

drug_mentor, 0.1g isn't that much to bang, as in when I do that amount I run around talking heaps fast for about 2 hours then can dance for 8 easily and will find it hard to sleep the next day but its not to strong, wouldn't go higher then that though.

To the other people I would agree, smoking ICE is more addictive and fiendish, when you IV its just once and then you don't really think about it again.

To the OP id say 0.1g on the first night then 0.05g top ups after that should be fine. Make sure you eat something even if its a banana.

dosage

after reading to me i cant belive you can bang a point at a time. thats 100mg do you mean 10mg -25mg i mean smoking 10-30mg can get me spun a point lasting about a day but thats hitting the pipe. i havnt injected but thats even less amount than smoking. well i could never imagine hitting a whole point at once unless i had tolerance or crap gear. i have neither.

after reading to me i cant belive you can bang a point at a time. thats 100mg do you mean 10mg -25mg i mean smoking 10-30mg can get me spun a point lasting about a day but thats hitting the pipe. i havnt injected but thats even less amount than smoking. well i could never imagine hitting a whole point at once unless i had tolerance or crap gear. i have neither.

just answered your own question.. 8):p

EDIT: wait, that wasnt a question.. statement? IDK, who cares :p

how often do you use and how long have you been using for? (out of curiosity) 30mg of pure in the pipe wouldnt even have me satisfied.. let alone charging lol

hi i use like rarely once or twice a year so no telrance yeah 30 mg is def all i need to be spun. i can feel it for hours and hours even at 15mg hit. must be very pure over this side of the planet.

The source/reason behind my skull splitting headaches after slamming crystal..

I am a brand new meth user, well revisiting the drug after a 6+ yr break...before I was smoking it, occasionally I would snort if my dealer happened to get my weekend teener of cocaine that was also cut w meth.... Never snorted just straight meth. So now, unfortunately being a much more seasoned drug user, I and have now ventures down the path of iv meth use. I have done it probably 10 times now. Approx half of those times the high was great w no problems,..... The other half have been accompanied with massive skull splitting headaches and i an intense need to puke almost immediately......
I want to know what is being done different.
The first two times I experienced the crappy side effects I was required to get up and move around moments after use..... However the other times the headaches have come... It will be shoot it, cough from the hit, lay back and then BOOM! Hit over the head w an ax.....no lights no sounds....possibly puke. It's no fun! I want the high back where I lay back in my girlfriends arms and give into her touch for a ling few hours ahead of great intimacy.
My girlfriend is also the one administering the shots and measuring the dosage as I am nowhere near comfortable le doing that just yer.I believe the first few times to test me the hits were small....and as of late they have been around .25. From what i have read that may be too large of A dose for me and the headaches are attributed to the sudden spike in my B.P.....

I seems that i have found the answer to my question and that will be the first thing that's done differently..... Have I come to an accurate assumption and is there any additional info or suggestions one might have?

I don't want to hear simply don't do it..... I already am and am being as smart as can be w sterilization and how often as I refuse to become an everday multiple times a day user. I simply want to know how I can maximize the enjoyabiliry of this drug when u do use it, rather then being stuck nursing myself over the toilet in a dark bathroom hour after hour.

Fyi..if it helps you input, opinion or suggestions on dosage.... I am a 5'2 130 lb female.... Dosages have been at .25......
Please help! Id like the paradise back w my girlfriend.... Cause this hell ain't Workin fr either of us!!

Last edited:
I think you might getting some kind if bad gear with dime shut cut. When I used to bang shards I used usually bang a point (which usually was really .5 to .8) and always had good results and the problems arose from the come down or what I would do while high.

If you get the same batch gear trying smoking some first and see if you get the terrible head aches? And if it does then try another source. .25 should not be too much for a person your size.

If your getting that kind of drastic reaction I would be quite worried as it sounds like what's causing it would have to be something else in the meth as you had got proper high of other batches.

The first time I experienced the headache and puking I had taken a shot and was required to get up and entertain a friend while also having to play off like I was totally fine. Within 5 min of being on my feet I was back down on my knees hugging the bowl few quite a while...... The second time I allowed myself to lay down for awhile and was ok to walk around after bout 20 min.only after i got an unexpected knock at my door durin the peak of my high that startled me an got my blood pumpin did the pain come..... Which leaves me somewhat inclined to believe the b.p. view.

I might add that in preparation for the nights activities and being fully aware.of my headaches, I was revent it. Knowing that normally dehydration, low blood sugar and for me my daily caffeine intake cause them.....I drank a shit ton of water and took ibuprofen about an hr or two before taking my shot.... Took about 30 seconds for the headache to begin.....extreme sensitivity to light and sounds as well.

Also I did smoke some from the same batch yesterday with no headache. One of the three of us smoking is a smoker only, she doesn't slam it and she did not mention any thing of the sorts. Plus for cosmetic reasons more than anything, I don't want to smoke it.... I have always gel that I had a fairly large tolerance for drugs......that statement coming from my extensive opiate and benzol use.....but I really feel like I just might be getting too heavy of a hit.......

I'm interested to know how you moved from a hallucinogen such as LSD to crystal? they are just on complete opposite ends of the spectrum in intensity and category if you ask me....... Also.... I've noticed that some drugs give me the opposite affect then what would medically be presumed. Such as xanax or benzos....most of the time people are passing out while on a grip kg those, but I stay awake and want to clean. Opiates, sure eventually put me to sleep, but mostly energize me...... So my question, when I slam crystal I am just relaxed..... It's hard for me to get up and do anything for at least 20 min after taking my shot.. I am up forever after that, but the relaxed body jelly feeling wasn't what I expected..... Is that what is always felt or just another example of a drug creating adverse affefts in me....... Would just love to hear your opinion..... Fyi I also am Keeling my use to a minimum.... On my consecutive days off and will only buy a certain amount. Being unable to administer the shot myself also helps me keep it under control. Escaping into myself a that drug is not an option because I can't do it myself. I like that fact... It's comforting to my addictive personality. Doesn't matter how much I l love it, crave it, or anything.... I will never learn to slam alone.

@troubleinparadise i would say that after you have smoked it from the same batch it rules out the impurity issue. it would def have to be with strenght as in dosage. 250mgs you mean? or 0.025? 250 is a huge dosage slammed for an occasionlly user. 50-100mg ice smoked is a good dose so it would be a bit less presuming it goes directly to the blood stream. i would suggest cutting the dose in half you can always have a "top up" if not sufficient and staying away from other stimulants in the day to avoid any vasocontrictive effects which could have caused the headaches. also background stressors can play a part with out being conciously noticed. as in haing to act straight having company etc. i would toll it down to the dosage though.

ya you're just too sensitive & small & low of tolerance for doing .25g in a shot. Please try .08-.15g as your next shot and the high will be almost as good, just almost no rush, but almost no side effects as well.

I might add that in preparation for the nights activities and being fully aware.of my headaches, I was revent it. Knowing that normally dehydration, low blood sugar and for me my daily caffeine intake cause them.....I drank a shit ton of water and took ibuprofen about an hr or two before taking my shot.... Took about 30 seconds for the headache to begin.....extreme sensitivity to light and sounds as well.

Be careful TroubleInParadise...I don't like the sound of those side effects :(

Do you feel sick for a long time? Or is it only immediately after the shot?

I've seen some big doses of meth IV'd and never heard of headaches, or feeling 'bad' in anyway (until comedown). Vomiting though seems to be pretty common in certain people with larger doses. Usually they'll vomit once on the come up and then they're fine.

Next time give the ibuprofen and downing shit loads of water beforehand a miss. Just drink your usual amount of water beforehand, and keep sipping on glasses of water throughout.

On any anti-depressants?

I've never IV'd meth but used to get headaches using meth if I didn't get my caffeine fix for the day. I also have problems with low blood sugar, and will get pretty grumpy and headachey if I don't eat...strangely I never had the problems eating that some people do on meth, probably a different story if IV'ing. My problems are definitely low-blood pressure related so don't know much about high BP personally.

Last edited: