• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Meth VS Amp/speed

oxymoron310

Bluelighter
Is the rush from IV amphetamine comparable to shooting meth?
What are the dosing differences?
I want to know if I should buy half gram of speed or a gram of meth.
I’d LOVE to sleep at the end of the night…
I am also going to microdose mushrooms while high

I’d LOVE to sleep at the end of the night…
Then you’re going to want to stick with amphetamine.

70MG of Meth is enough to keep you up for at least 24 hours, especially if you’ve never done it before.

I could give a long and winding explanantion, but the best explanation is that Methamphetamine is a more potent version of the parent drug, Amphetamine. It's not necessarily a proportional difference, like say, Beer to Liquor, in which the only real difference is a higher proportion of total Alcohol in the solution. Methamphetamine, in fact, works differently on the body and mind than Amphetamine. It tends to be more cerebral, with less physical side effects (which often leads to higher total dosages of Meth being used comparatively) and longer-lasting.

I feel like the lack of physical side effects relative to non-methylated Amphetamines leads to that redosing behavior and ultimately to a higher chance of psychosis and general insanity. Yes, you could use a little bit of Methamphetamine, cut the experience off at bed time and turn off your night light, but that's not generally how these things play out. You will likely end up misjudging and using more Methamphetamine than your sober-self would have ever given the okay too. You might not use all of that Meth, but not for lack of trying. A half a gram for a relatively naive user is enough for probably a week without sleep.

The thought of using Psychedelics with Methamphetamine makes my spirity cry out to the universe in pain. That's like forcing something fucked up into something that's pretty much perfect. I don't even know how to explain it. There aren't really any health issues involved, I just think you will be robbing yourself of spiritual benefit by using it with potent stimulants, but this is totally my opinion.

I could give a long and winding explanantion, but the best explanation is that Methamphetamine is a more potent version of the parent drug, Amphetamine. It's not necessarily a proportional difference, like say, Beer to Liquor, in which the only real difference is a higher proportion of total Alcohol in the solution. Methamphetamine, in fact, works differently on the body and mind than Amphetamine. It tends to be more cerebral, with less physical side effects (which often leads to higher total dosages of Meth being used comparatively) and longer-lasting.

I feel like the lack of physical side effects relative to non-methylated Amphetamines leads to that redosing behavior and ultimately to a higher chance of psychosis and general insanity. Yes, you could use a little bit of Methamphetamine, cut the experience off at bed time and turn off your night light, but that's not generally how these things play out. You will likely end up misjudging and using more Methamphetamine than your sober-self would have ever given the okay too. You might not use all of that Meth, but not for lack of trying. A half a gram for a relatively naive user is enough for probably a week without sleep.

The thought of using Psychedelics with Methamphetamine makes my spirity cry out to the universe in pain. That's like forcing something fucked up into something that's pretty much perfect. I don't even know how to explain it. There aren't really any health issues involved, I just think you will be robbing yourself of spiritual benefit by using it with potent stimulants, but this is totally my opinion.
Meth hits harder and a little more surface area across the blood brain barrier.

Spiritual benefit of psychedelics, for someone as fucked up as to be on meth going in isn’t a great point. That point was written as if to sound so exclusive to perfection fr people who already have it because amps are bad mmmk or something. I know that’s not what you meant.

but yeah, amps and psychedelics don’t mix well. The experience is way more likely to exude paranoia and a bad trip mixing the two. I don’t personally take a ton of stock in psychedelics bring this great spiritual divider, or something to bring you some ascension or whatever. But your buzz will probably be shit regardless what you believe about that.

In my experience though, psychedelics can be very helpful for breaking the back of an addiction. Speaking entirely unscientifically and anecdotally I suspect/hypothesise that psychedelics may undo some of the cognitive damage from meth also.

In my last approximately 2 year addiction to meth, i was in a kind of functional stupor most days, intently focussed on just blowing clouds all day and not really doing or thinking about much.

In retrospect, i believe meth was trashing a large part of my long term memory which was in turn removing memories of many people things that had hurt or traumatised me. Thus my anxiety and depression improved markedly.

However, I had many good reasons to quit and had failed time and time again attempting it cold turkey. I could manage 2 months but that was always pretty white knuckle emotionally and I always relapsed.

So I started substituting 300 ug doses of LSD or 180 mg doses of MDMA each time I felt uncontrollable meth craving.

The first couple of LSD trips were truly brutal. First when I had meth in my system, ego-control and ego-sublimation fought it out in my head like the seige of stalingrad. Then when I was withdrawing the LSD totally locked onto my self- loathing and despair and amped it to inhuman levels.

In the end of the though, it brought catharsis which is essential for recovery from drug addiction. I continued to pop tabs every time I felt craving but mostly this was ad a kind of sub-perceptual microdosing (even at 700 ug) because I was so tolerant to LSD by that point.

It took about 2 -3 weeks until I was no longer conscious of any desire for meth. By then I actually felt repelled by the thought of it.

I immediately jumped back into my academic work and was blown away by the fluidity with which I could now write, the lightning fast connections i was making between different ideas and authors, the confidence I had in the integrity of my arguments, and the recall I had of stuff I’d read or head 2-3 years ago that I had completely forgotten about during my meth binge.