• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth & Tramadol?

024liakam

Bluelighter
Safe combination? Any risk of serotonin syndrone? I took acouple hits of ice last night then hours later took 100MG without thinking then got kind of worried but still curious.

Thanks

Definitely not something to make a habit of, the more I've learned about Tramadol over the past few years makes me wonder how it can be so widely prescribed- usually without any word of caution as to its' volatile nature or the potential dangers of mixing with other compounds. I was taking it for tooth pain in 100-200mg daily doses for a while without any trouble. A few months later I had a 50mg dose and had a horrible reaction- only other drug in my system was caffeine.

I know of a few people who've used it with meth and not had a problem, but I would strongly advise against it.

I'd worry about seizures if you're taking too much tramadol, it's a shitty opioid, if you're doing meth why bother?

Meth has significant effects on serotonin (even though those are secondary effects to its stimulation of dopamine receptors), which right away makes it a bad idea considering tramadol's SNRI qualities. Subjective effects of tramadol are usually stimulating in their own right (thanks, again, to the inhibition of serotonin and norepinephrine), which can be an uncomfortable feeling when combined with the granddaddy of all stims. As already mentioned, both drugs can reduce the seizure threshold.

So, yeah, a bad idea all around. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I've tried this combo before; I took 100 mg of tramadol at the tail end of an oral dose of meth in an attempt to combat the comedown, and I lived through the experience. However, just saying that I was ok is an example of the non-event feedback loop; basically, if nothing bad happens, people assume it's ok to repeat. This is not the case; you might be fine, but the odds are against you as per the aforementioned points. Steer clear.

SS is very unlikely with only a one time use.. but as others have said, don't make a habit out of it. I would use basically any other opioid or benzo to combat the comedown..

- Hopeless Soul

That is one of the worst combos I can think of. Tricomb nailed it. Why mix that shit? Havn't had a seizure in a while? I'm being blunt, but that's what your looking at. Don't do it. It's a waste of time and not harm reduction.

TRAM fails to produce behavioral sensitization, and there is no apparent cross-sensitization between TRAM and METH. However, TRAM can increase METH-induced hyperlocomotion and potentiate the development and expression of behavioral sensitization to METH.

I didnt intentially combine the two. I forgot I took some hits of it then later took 100MG without thinking about other drugs I took.

I was just hoping it wouldnt cause serotonin syndrone.

Tramadol has always fucked me up, lastnight I took 200MG and was nodding it was a challenge to stay awake

Thanks for the comments guys