• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth to adderall potency ratio?

nancy145

Bluelighter
How much meth equals how much adderall I'm potency? Couldn't find it on google

I just actually read a post on here last night, not sure where it went, if it got deleted??? don't know.. It was about the methamphetamine prescription pill, called desoxyn. And how it compared, and how much different it was to Adderall.. I have never seen/tried meth where I live, I have pretty much come to the conclusion it is not available in my area of the US, but I do take Adderall IRs daily so I am not completely naïve to amps in general.. but the people who had been prescribed to both Adderall(amphetamine salts) and methamphetamine(desoxyn).. they said 20mg of Adderall, was roughly equipotent to about 5mg of desoxyn.. now if you are speaking about, "street" meth like crystal meth, I have no clue.. but I am pretty sure it all depends on the quality of it, as it is a street drug and the purity can vary greatly from one batch to another I am sure... like any other street drug... I am sure there is meth out there that is not even as powerful as an Adderall 10mg, pure garbage.. but I would assume, for the most part, methamphetamine is like 2-4x the strength as amphetamine salts or Adderall...again depending on its quality. with Adderall you know what your getting everytime, so it is kind of hard to compare a street drug to a pharm... mg to mg, and they are two completely different drugs with different feelings, from what I have heard..

A conversion is impossible because one gram pf dextroamphetamine is one gram of dextroamphetamine one gram of meth may or may not contain meth may contain methylone methcatione or any number of drugs

^This is a good point to be made regarding any street drugs, but for the sake of knowledge, we'll pretend that everyone is going to be using essentially pure D,L Methamphetamine or DextroMethamphetamine. I've read that the dopamine output on a mg for mg basis is 1.2 - 1.5 times higher than un-methylated Amphetamines. As far as "all effects" are concerned, I've heard 1.5 - 2 times total potentcy.

Stimulants really aren't my thing though. Someone else will hopefully come along with some better knowledge.

Given meth is usually prepared by people with limited knowledge of chemistry (i could be mistaken) wouldnt the side effects be mch more likely ive heard alot of bad side effects from people who tried it when they were into coke and had some real bad side effects that dont seem like what youd expect from amphetamines. Id wonder how it was standardized to contain even amounts of meth per gram

Meth is a lot more powerful and potent than even extremely large doses of Adderall in the 100s of milligrams.

Ya. I think claiming meth is expodentially stronger than adderall is misleading. Using adderall instead of meth does not protect you from the dangers of amphetaine use. You still run the risk of hypertension, heart irregularities, and other serious potentially life threatening side effects especially as you increase the dosage.

I have always wanted to try meth as an addict of stimulant drugs.. know it would be a terrible idea most likely, due to the fact I have gone through crack addiction/IV coke addiction in the past, since then have managed to make it a very occasional thing, basically being forced to due to less income and no transportation at the moment.. probably because I have also been put on Adderall too, since my coke addiction, which I also love, and it not only destroys most of my ADHD, and makes me actually clear minded, but it has become almost something like methadone would be to a heroin addict... but coming from someone else, besides me, who has tried all 3(or 4 counting crack as another drug than cocaine HCL which, it is basically but at the same time isn't) drugs.. cocaine/crack, Adderall, and meth(crystal or pharmaceutical ie desoxyn).. anyone who has tried these all, would you think I would like meth? and possibly spiral out of control, never caring to use cocaine or Adderall again, just meth? I know its kind of an odd question, just curious to hear anyone's opinion on how they liked meth or hated it compared to both cocaine and Adderall... I have yet to come across it where I live, but 6 years ago I had never heard of heroin being around here in FL where I live, now it has taken over the pharm opioid trade, and become an epidemic where I live! So its bound to show up sooner or later, just want to know what to expect, if it does show up here, and me being as curious about it as I am, decide to try it!