• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth & thyroid dysfunction?

Kara7490

Bluelighter
So I’m currently in the ER getting my second covid swab, to hopefully get cleared for work. Of course the vitals and blood pressure were 155/110 and heart rate of 150 when I got here. I took a pressed addy way earlier today, like 10/11am, but they do not do that go my heart, I actually regularly monitor that. The ER dr said my vital signs plus red rashy-ish sunburn like skin (ew) looks more like thyrotoxic crisis. I looked up meth and thyroid, and it looks like meth can fuck up your thyroid up and actually cause a thyrotoxic crisis. Anyone know of/have experience or knowledge about this?

Edit: what about about swallowing pills with meth in them, could that have caused the tongue sores? I’ve heard smoking does, but I swallow them with water quickly so I dunno. And no, I did not tell them about any illicit use bc this is part of the hospital chain I work in. 😬🤐

Last edited:
If you are using small amounts of meth orally it would be unlikely to manifest dermatologically (provided eating and sleeping were normal).

Thats what I thought! I had to go to the ER to get a covid test (again), and my symptoms were the classic ones that are plastered all over. like allll over. plus some newly discovered ones like skin rashes, mouth/tongue sores, and feeling/looking sunburnt. And the ER made me think I was crazy for even thinking covid bc I wasn't gasping for air with a temp of 104. Anyways then I'm like... did the meth cause the sores, and the rash, and maybe I did just have a bug? It one was one of those incredibly disheartening and disappointing doctors visits. Where they're very dismissive of your concerns and come up with their own. Anyways, i feel like anything symptoms is possible with both, I just left feeling very small and unheard and also questioning, what the fuck is wrong with my body?!

Sorry, just venting. But thats what I thought, pills that I immediately swallow with water, and brush twice a day, blah blah blah, so I"m thinking, the sores can't be because of that. Anyways I just gotta let it go. Thanks for your opinion =)