• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth-Psychosis

Jwilder0311

Bluelighter
Man someone please tell me how you know you might be entering a psychosis stage from meth. Are there sings it might be happening and how do you know if you have crossed that line.

If you haven't slept in more than 48 hours, have delusions of either paranoia or grandeur, hallucinations, anger problems, etc.

The sleep thing is key, I notice a lot of psychosis either starts or gets worse after you are awake for many days on end...

Man someone please tell me how you know you might be entering a psychosis stage from meth. Are there sings it might be happening and how do you know if you have crossed that line.
when i stay up for over a day and a half I start noticing I’m not in the right mind. And usually the only thing to keep me balanced is if I keep smoking but then that means I’m up for another day. And then i really start noticing I need sleep. The light from my phone starts blinding me and my paranoia goes way up. Best thing to do is just get some sleep it’s not the only day you can get high there’s always tomorrow and you’ll look and feel better instead of trying to avoid people and worrying about how you look.

When I have trouble focusing on things with my eyesight & see little marks or dots as moving insects. Thats when I know I've crossed the line of sane & insane. But after reading these forums I just tell myself it is the phsycosis from the meth and don't panic over it, just ride the wave

There is evidence that you will not know when that happens. This, IMHO, is the greatest danger. There is a point past which you are convinced things are happening which, in reality, are not happening at all. And should you for any reason feel your safety is threatened, that could well set events in motion that you'll regret later on.

Last edited:
Continuing to redose after even one night of missed sleep is usually what kicks off the beginning stages of psychosis. Its the combination of natural delirium and the large excess of dopamine still floating around in your head.
It may be hard to do but force yourself to at least lay down every night even if you dont actually fall asleep. You'll be thankful you did.

Continuing to redose after even one night of missed sleep is usually what kicks off the beginning stages of psychosis. Its the combination of natural delirium and the large excess of dopamine still floating around in your head.
It may be hard to do but force yourself to at least lay down every night even if you dont actually fall asleep. You'll be thankful you did.
^ Wish I knew how to like posts!

If you're lucky you still have enough sanity left and experience with psychosis to realize that the type of voices you hear cannot be projected from where you hear them coming from and immediately stop use.

Sleep every night. Use benzos if necessary.

Last edited:
I haven't stayed up all night, let alone days on end, in quite a while. I never seen things that weren't there, but nothing is normal anymore and started feeling like a wierdo. What you're asking about will go away with some rest. Once you start to eat, sleep, do everything just like a normal sober person yet you get high day in and day out, that's when you might consider whether or not you have issues.

Definitely went in psychosis but slept for a very long time today. Still same and definitely learned not to repeat that mistake.