• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth - mouth and gum issues

All4christ

Greenlighter
I have Two questions , one is how do you repair your gums after using meth, mine are in bad shape and I’m trying to figure out how to correctly treat them . Also what is a good method of taking CAre of your gums/ teeth while using . Last question ? after smoking dope I have a thin Line like scab or something under my bottom lip on the inside . It goes all the way across almost my whole bottom lip . I’ve never had that happen before … answers will be appreciated, wanting to make Better choices for my life, kids and family

Brush your teeth and gums twice a day, floss once a day. Try not to eat or drink acidic stuff. Drink plenty of water, stay hydrated with something that replenishes electrolytes as well. If your mouth feels dry you are well past dehydrated.

I'm not a oral hygienist but those are all general good tips. You gotta take care of yourself on stims, even if it seems tedious you'll thank yourself later.

Best is not to reach a state where you'd need to repair your gums. I'm not sure about this but I guess smoking is far worse than snorting, I never got dry mouth from insufflating various stims including meth (but also didn't do excessive dosages so YMMV). The worst for your mouth is dryness, I've spoken to people with barely 30 years and complete artificial denture because of antipsychotics/psychopharms.

I know this sucks, but you absolutely have to try to get in to see a dentist as soon as possible. For the time being, practice all of the basic oral hygiene that you've been taught before. Brush your teeth twice a day. I would encourage you to use a mouthwash as well. They have mouthwash that is specifically designed for gums that are in bad shape re: gingivitis. Flossing is of course a great addition to any oral care regimen. I would recommend being gentle with your teeth and gums at this point. Don't brush too vigorously until, some of the tissue is less inflamed.

If you're going to be using stimulants, do your best to stay hydrated. There are a lot of studies out there that seem to indicate dry-mouth as one of the major offenders among folks who use stimulants. Stay hydrated, keep to a standard oral care regimen and try your best to get in to see a dentist as soon as possible. If you need help finding a program or something in your area, I'm happy to help. There are often free or reduced-cost clinics that you can access if you don't have the money to see a private dentist.

Let me know.

Oil pulling the Ayurvedic practice of taking oil sesame or coconut for this case coconut would be the best because antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties
take unrefined coconut oil adding things like tea tree oil, neem oil and clove oil also are good for gum and oral health and swish between teeth and gums for 20 min spit don’t swallow and not in sink rinse with warm water and salt and brush your teeth

this even kills staph

do this every day for 20 min even starting at 2x a day to begin with and truly see a dentist

for while you are using if you can get an rx for pilocarpime rx brand name Salagen it gives you salvia when your mouth is bone dry
don’t take too many or it feels like a Saran gas attack

You probably need a dentist to pressure wash your gums before you can truly start healing well, because if you have periodontitis (likely) then you'll need to get that taken care of first