• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth misses

Littleaxegirl

Greenlighter
What are the best ways to deal with the pain from a miss? I don't believe we are needing medical attention yet, so how do I treat this?

Warm towel, pressure, rub in circular motion

Put the towel over the site of the miss and run the hottest water you can stand over the towel while rubbing the site. People suggest 20 minutes but about 5 has always worked for me.

Put the towel over the site of the miss and run the hottest water you can stand over the towel while rubbing the site. People suggest 20 minutes but about 5 has always worked for me.
I never knew/thought of running the water while rubbing, good shout.
Warm/hot compress while rubbing in a circular motion always helped me.
I think I've heard that after half hour or so of rubbing with the hot you should put an ice pack/bag of frozen peas on the site for half an hour, then go back to the hot, and repeat a few times........
Good luck @Littleaxegirl

Didn't even know you could anything for a miss w meth... Say you have a few pea sized bubbles on your arms where you missed a few days ago, is there anything you can do to make them go away?
I'm assuming the hot water and rubbing is only for immediately after a miss
It burns like the devil, I stop as soon as I feel the pain where the needle is and not the nice burn traveling up my arm

Last edited:
A hot compress is worth a try anyway, it works by increasing circulation to the site (warming the area causes blood vessels to dialate) which helps carry the missed shot away and into the bloodstream.

If you have visible bubbles/lumps from a missed shot, and they either increase in size or don't go away after a week or so, you should see a doctor as you could have an infected abscess. If they continue to stay painful and tender you should also see a doctor as they are unlikely to heal on their own.

A hot compress is worth a try anyway, it works by increasing circulation to the site (warming the area causes blood vessels to dialate) which helps carry the missed shot away and into the bloodstream.

If you have visible bubbles/lumps from a missed shot, and they either increase in size or don't go away after a week or so, you should see a doctor as you could have an infected abscess. If they continue to stay painful and tender you should also see a doctor as they are unlikely to heal on their own.

This is true and good advice, however it is also true that non-infected meth lumps on your veins can be basically permanent.

I have lumps / ropey veins from missed / leaky shots and just from the general corrosiveness of meth inside the vein.

In my experience, I actually found that methamphetamine can be injected intramuscularly without any sort of permanent marks forming. I wonder why missed shots produce a mark?
(Mind you, the meth I had was completely soluble in water, and was reasonably pure)

In my experience, I actually found that methamphetamine can be injected intramuscularly without any sort of permanent marks forming. I wonder why missed shots produce a mark?
(Mind you, the meth I had was completely soluble in water, and was reasonably pure)

Didn't it sting incredibly? When injecting into a vein one can immediately tell if one is missing due to the stinging pain. It's pretty intense. I wonder if that is actually impurities rather than the meth then if you were able to inject very pure meth intramuscularly?

It didn't sting too much, but then again I was only ever doing small doses, 50mg or less, and injected very slowly using a 29ga needle.