• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants METH - Minor periphery Hallucinations?

96intheshade

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting a thread, just had some questions regarding side effects of moderate (so far lol) methamphetimine use.
Been dosing about 200mg - 300mgs daily for about three weeks (snorting only) with about two months of occasional (3x every two weeks average) use via smoking previously. I’ve stayed up past 48 hours on most occasions during those two months, and currently am up 48h once a week for past three weeks. Never past 2 days.
I’ve seen obvious detrimental effects like weakened body, weight loss, and trouble at work and home (Some people know and others suspect but it’s actually tolerated as it’s common where I’m from, although it does warrant slight disdain and disappointment, also some family found out.). My question specifically though is:
Ive only experienced mild auditory hallucinations at work (I could hear my phone ringing, almost like a phantom sound) after being up 24h having snorted about .3 over some hours, a couple weeks ago. And now over the past week and half of using about .2 daily, sleeping average of 5 hours a night and eating two full meals a day, when I use, although I don’t feel too amped as my tolerance has adjusted, I very frequently see objects in my periphery as being people very briefly. Just long enough to trick my mind for a split second. I don’t have paranoia or anxiety currently. I also sometimes see just flashes of something moving in the corner of my eye, like a mouse in the cupboard for a second lol. I don’t react to any of these I.e I am not immediately convinced by my brain these are real, and they are very faint and honestly quite minor, a sober person could see them but not this frequently. I plan on quitting completely Monday as I have two weeks off thankfully, but I have grown addicted, and it has changed my mood and behavior in many ways. Tbh I feel like I’ve been living in a dream state for the past three weeks.

has anyone gotten hallucinations like these on relatively low dose, snorting, and relatively good sleep and nutrition at least the past 3 days? If so is this the beginning of brain damage? I still have great cognitive ability, although problem solving has taken a dip.
Sorry so long of a post, tbh meth has changed my life mostly for the negative already in sneaky dopamine fueled ways, it is a sinister drug. But I’ve grown oddly fond of it from the brain being smothered in a warm lucid dopa blanket no doubt.
Thanks

Yes, those effects are very common and will get worse and worse until you are talking to people who arent there. Slow it down mango. If you like the stimulant effect I really cant recommend just regular amphetamine enough. You can get it from dexedrine or buy speed 'paste' online. It has all the same positives just little less euphoria ( which is kind of a good thing) and way less of the hallucinations and going crazy-ness, its easier to eat, easier to sleep, all around easier on the body in my experience.

Hey thanks for your reply, i overamped for the first time yesterday (not sure if that’s the proper term, it was fairly minor I just took too much I won’t get into it but it was such a negative, evil day), today i moderated myself, and felt most euphoria I’ve had from snorting and things went great..lol such a deceiving drug, I feel likes it knows I had a negative time and felt more sure to quit so it gave me this ‘good day’ to suck me back in. Ridiculous to think this drug almost has an agenda embedded in the brain. Anyway pointless rambling sorry Its good to finally talk to someone. I always loved adderall and I’m considering seeking a script, but I believe I can quit cold turkey starting next Monday especially since I’ll have time off and a couple people who use at work (tbh where I’m from there are more than a few high functioning 20y users, prefer not to talk w them about this stuff tho lol I don’t know if I should post where but we have the highest workplace use apparently in US interesting topic not for HR forum)
Funny enough as I’m walking to the fridge thinking “I feel better knowing it’s normal I haven’t even seen anything in past few hours” I see a split second quick white slash in my periphery as I walk back.
didn’t think it could occur when used moderately lol I know a guy at work who has never even heard of psychosis and he’s been using 20 years lol.. he’s from se Asia though it’s just so normal over there I guess.
Anyway I should stop typing and sleep, thanks for the reply, quitting starts Monday..been fun but I gotta get back on track lol