• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth makes him sick unless mixed with opiates?

Blazedpeach

Greenlighter
My other half and I have been injecting meth for years, long before we even met. We sobered up for a while and recently have began using again. My other half has been experiencing severe headaches, anxiety, nervousness, sore muscles, shakiness, crankiness, nausea and whatnot. Each time he shoots up he begins feeling shitty within minutes and the feeling lasts much longer than the high. He also cant sleep, which is normal, but he STILL cant sleep and we got high at about 10am. It's now 2am. He's eaten, been drinking water, and I'm not sure what else could be wrong. He slept the night before. He usually does opiates, as his preferred drug of choice. He typically does stimulants with opiates or benzos. Is it possible stimulants make him sick if not mixed with opiates or benzos? Or is it something else?

has he tried using a benzo alongside the meth(20-30min beforehand) might be the anxiety/Overstimulation i find only amphetamines can have this effect, the opiates are killing his anxiety and calming him from the meth to balance it out, i always use somthing with amphetamines to balance them out

It sounds like he is suffering from the peripheral effects of stim usage. When stimulants are taken with opiates and/or benzos, the side effects such as high blood pressure, rapid heartrate, tremors, and headaches (usually caused by high BP) are lessened due to the depressant effects of the opiates/benzos. BP wont spike as high, anxiety is lessened, and in the case of opiates, the euphoria from the combo can overpower the feeling of negative peripheral effects.
Using IV stims alone can feel very dirty sometimes. Especially if it is racemic meth instead of pure d-methamp. Although most ice is d-methamp IIRC.

It sounds to me like a classic case of relapsing on a drug he was used to taking high doses of back when his tolerance was much higher, going straight back to the strongest ROA and using the same high doses he was used to when he had a high tolerance.

This is how a lot of opiate OD's happen. Thankfully it is pretty difficult to have a fatal OD on stims alone, but since he uses opiates as well he should be aware of this common mistake in case he ever does the same thing with those. It's easy to forget that your tolerance has gone after not using for a while.

As for this meth issue, lowering the dose and/or using another ROA should be enough.

It does sound like what @Mr.Deeds has suggested - that the opiates help because they're counteracting all these side effects. And I reckon that's happening because he's dosing too high for his current tolerance.