• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Madness!

RavenLoon

Greenlighter
I used meth about 20 times over the course of a year when I was around 16. I am now 34. I usually snorted it but smoked it on probably 6 occasions. My experiences with it was not all that sensational. I would feel hyper, energetic, and really alive for a while, and the eventually crash, I would get some sleep and then be back to normal the next day. While on it we would just talk a lot about interesting shit, play video games, go out and walk, and just hang out, nothing crazy. Actually my behavior was probably much worse when I was not high on this drug than when I was. But this seems to totally contradict popular beliefs about this drug and how it affects people. What is with the disconnect? Nearly everyone I know who I used this drug with had the same experience. None of them went on to become addicts. None of them lost there teeth or developed open sores on their faces.

My disconnect question was rhetorical. I know the disconnect is due sensationalization from the media trying to sell stories, people trying to keep kids off drugs by showing pictures of the 1% of homeless meth addicts who don't take care of themselves, and a lack of experience by the public since the drug is not used in very high rates...but wtf! You would think people would be able to use some simple critical thinking skills and figure out that people would not use the drug if it was that horrible. You would think people would look at celebrities who have came out about using the drug like Andre Agassi, Jodi Sweetin, Fergie, Russell Brand, and understand that this drug is not as destructive as it is depicted. But the strong narrative that continues to be regurgitated is that the drug is instantly destructive. Obviously meth can be bad for you, and I am not an advocate of its use, but nearly all of the evidence shows that only in extremely high doses and in heavy long term use, is it destructive. Even animal studies that look at the toxicity of the drug show that when the animals are given moderate to small doses, or even single large doses, there is no acute toxicity or negative effects. Only when they give drug naive animals large dose over what would be 3 - 4 days for a human do they see toxicity, or in animals given the drug for what would be years. Now how many people the first time they use meth are going to go on a 4 day bender? Not many. And we need to educate the people who might, not just say, the drug is bad, dont use it or your teeth will fall out!

But none of this gets out. Who wants to hear that hey, you can use meth safely at this dose! Or, I used meth a dozen times, and guess what, nothing happened! Instead people have these polarizing views about the drug and nobody knows how to use the drug safely. Guess what, if you don't binge on it, don't use it in heavy amounts over long periods of time, get sleep, eat properly, and brush your teeth, you'll probably be fine! And don't give me this crap that is is so addictive. I understand that some people may be struggling and my heart goes out to them, but about 15% of people who use meth are addicted, that is less than the % of alcohol drinkers who are alcoholics. Lets quit the shit and use common sense about drugs. We are still using the same logic we used with weed and refer madness. And if you have used meth before and are fine, come out to people, and educate them.

Last edited:
It's not only meth, the world today is misinformation on virtually all drugs, that is why websites like Bluelight and Erowid are so important, so people can get information beyond the official government stances on psychoactive chemicals. We are way overdue for the general public to be actually educated on drugs. But watch out, the governments and the pharmaceutical companies dont want an educated public, they want to keep people dumb.

In my experience, it's all about where your head is at.
I am an addict, and I am very, VERY addicted to crystal meth. However, I'm also very addicted to every stimulant I've ever touched, because of my personality. I actually enjoy Adderall's hyper-focusing effect A LOT more than I do meth's 'gotta do everything at once' effect, even if the dopamine rush isn't as strong. I also enjoy not being pervertedly horny every minute, not being "fried" after a run, being able to go in public without sweating profusely, and many other things..
HOWEVER, if I had to pick between the two, I'd pick meth in an instant. Why? I don't know.

I've always preferred snorting or eating over every other ROA, and I strongly dislike smoking because of how consumed I get. I can sniff 3-4 lines a day or 9-10, or a half gram, it doesn't matter, I can get off and stay off as I please. But when I smoke it, I smoke. And smoke. And smoke. And I hate it but I can't ever stop, and I don't even like the rush that much. Then when it's time to get and stay off, I last 2-3 days until I somehow manipulate myself into getting some because the euphoric recall is too intense to avoid. And it's not even euphoric when I'm smoking it! What the fuck!

I used to think just like you, and I agree with you that the media is bullshit and their tactics do more harm than they ever will good especially to a user looking to stop. They are liars. But, they really aren't lying when they say it's addictive.

I love meth. Everything about it.
I hate meth. Everything about it.
But that's what addiction is I my eyes. -Loving something so deeply that you wish it never existed.-

I empathize with your situation, I used to feel the same about weed...lol. I am not saying this drug is not addictive. On a scale, I'm sure it has more potential for addiction then some and less then some. All I am saying is that if you look at the data, it isn't that much more addictive then many other drugs are, which is contrary to popular opinion.To a meth addict it is the most addictive drug out there, but to a a heroin addict or an alcoholic, their drug of choice is the most addictive.