• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth - left arm pain after fight

Skrilith

Bluelighter
Yesterday my boyfriend freaked out on me and told me to leave but then took my car keys and it was a long physical struggle to get my keys back and ever since then my left arm has been killing me. I took 3 ibuprofen and a thousand miligrams of tylenol and it still hurts. It feels tight and numb and tingly. I probably did less speed the past couple days than I have in awhile but I'm worried the amount of physical and mental stress I was under last night may have triggered something Idk. I couldn't feel my heart all day and now it feels like I can feel it but it feels like weird like it's ticking or clicking when it beats. I'm scared to go to the hospital but I think I need to.

I'm scared to go to the hospital but I think I need to.
Maybe going to a Womens’ Shelter might be a better idea if you have a psychotic violent boyfriend trying to kick you out of the house. After that first step to secure your safety I am sure they can pass you onto to health services that will treat your drug use discreetly.

Maybe going to a Womens’ Shelter might be a better idea if you have a psychotic violent boyfriend trying to kick you out of the house. After that first step to secure your safety I am sure they can pass you onto to health services that will treat your drug use discreetly.

I already left and have a safe place to stay with family. And I don't really have any interest in quitting. It's honestly the only thing that keeps me from commiting suicide and I'm much much MUCH more of an erratic danger to myself and others when I'm not on drugs.

I get it but this isnt what I need

Like going to a womens shelter isn't really an option in comparison to needing medical attention

Like going to a womens shelter isn't really an option in comparison to needing medical attention
I meant that a shelter would know a doctor who would treat your physical injuries etc, without caring or reporting about your drugs use. I wasn’t talking about quitting drugs. Sorry for confusion. But if you have family looking after you and are safe you can go to a regular hospital and they’ll treat you without reporting drug use anyway.

I guess I'm just wondering if I'm going to get arrested or in trouble if I go to the hospital

I meant that a shelter would know a doctor who would treat your physical injuries etc, without caring or reporting about your drugs use. I wasn’t talking about quitting drugs. Sorry for confusion. But if you have family looking after you and are safe you can go to a regular hospital and they’ll treat you without reporting drug use anyway.
Yeah I live in a hella hella rural place we don't have anything like a womens shelter here.

You won't get arrested if you go to the hospital.

If you think you need to go to the hospital you probably should. No one here can make that judgement call. I will say injuries apart from broken bones, torn tendons, muscles and ligaments etc, most will heal own their own. But no one here can make that judgemental call for you. It sounds like you are better off going to an urgent care or primary care physician than a hospital ER. They are overwhelmed right now as it is. But who knows the extent of your injuries...

Go to a quick visit / urgent care. They can look at your arm.

You definitely won't get in trouble. Just say you were lifting heavy stuff and felt like you may have tore something. They will x ray it and you can see.