• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Meth IV

Carpetshark

Bluelighter
I've been using IV meth for a few years, and lately it's obvious it's getting cut with fent. I get a body burning buzz for about 3 minutes, then I eat and fall right to sleep. The opposite of what I wanted lol.
What I'm really confused about is gas. I'm not kidding, the last few times I've had the worst gut ache and gas it's barely tolerable.
Anyone have this happen? Any ideas why?
Thanks!

I’m currently experiencing that feeling myself. My best guess would be gastric inflammation or a result of norepinephrine/noradrenaline production. Stimulants trick your body into going supersaiyn.. I mean fight or flight mode via a down stream response of increased and sustained hormone production. One of the downstream factors is the sympathetic nervous system. The sympathetic nervous system’s primary role is to activate fight or flight. When your body initiates fight or flight, the response is similar, albeit at much lower levels in order to maintain homeostasis. Stimulant activation dumps supraphysiological levels of norepinephrine/noradrenaline and is typically sustained for extended periods. Fight or flight being an acute stress response, shuts down and bodily function that is not essential to said state, one of which is digestion. So supraphysiological production of hormones over an extended period is effectively putting your stomach on a forced vacation and drawing blood away from the stomach.

Now I don’t know enough to make any definitive conclusions but it seems logical to assume that shut down and blood diverted, is at the very least irritating the intestines causing gastritis. If you have food sitting while shut down, it’s plausible to assume that’s not going to feel too great, and I’d assume having nothing in your stomach wouldn’t feel good either and either one could cause gas to build up with no way out. That for sure will suck

That’s as far as I can approximate with regard to the MA. Vitamin deficiency alone can cause gastritis so that’s worth investigating since MA use can really burn up those recourses.

Hope this helps, I too want to know the cause (I can’t be bothered rn to look into, I’ll get to later though) so hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can provide some insight.

I’m currently experiencing that feeling myself. My best guess would be gastric inflammation or a result of norepinephrine/noradrenaline production. Stimulants trick your body into going supersaiyn.. I mean fight or flight mode via a down stream response of increased and sustained hormone production. One of the downstream factors is the sympathetic nervous system. The sympathetic nervous system’s primary role is to activate fight or flight. When your body initiates fight or flight, the response is similar, albeit at much lower levels in order to maintain homeostasis. Stimulant activation dumps supraphysiological levels of norepinephrine/noradrenaline and is typically sustained for extended periods. Fight or flight being an acute stress response, shuts down and bodily function that is not essential to said state, one of which is digestion. So supraphysiological production of hormones over an extended period is effectively putting your stomach on a forced vacation and drawing blood away from the stomach.

Now I don’t know enough to make any definitive conclusions but it seems logical to assume that shut down and blood diverted, is at the very least irritating the intestines causing gastritis. If you have food sitting while shut down, it’s plausible to assume that’s not going to feel too great, and I’d assume having nothing in your stomach wouldn’t feel good either and either one could cause gas to build up with no way out. That for sure will suck

That’s as far as I can approximate with regard to the MA. Vitamin deficiency alone can cause gastritis so that’s worth investigating since MA use can really burn up those recourses.

Hope this helps, I too want to know the cause (I can’t be bothered rn to look into, I’ll get to later though) so hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can provide some insight.
Wow, thank you so much! That makes total sense, I'm definitely exploring solutions for that now... or I can just quit using drugs... 🤣
That took a long time to think about and write, I appreciate it

That doesn't sound like fentanyl. Most likely a paradoxical reaction caused by tolerance and massive downregulation of dopamine and norepinephrine receptors. (The part about eating and sleeping right after)

Wow, thank you so much! That makes total sense, I'm definitely exploring solutions for that now... or I can just quit using drugs... 🤣
That took a long time to think about and write, I appreciate it
Got you fam! I’m glad I can help!

Haha yeah I feel that, my stomach is just starting to level out.

Honestly, it definitely took a min haha. I also got that heavy fog from that last sesh so I kept forgetting what I was thinking every 3-5 seconds but I still had a bit of determination left too.

Have you washed it yet? I thought I could get away without washing, but I’m gonna wash it and Rex a 3-5 times it and see if that makes a difference. Might as well start a new mother liquor too.

Edit: spelling

That doesn't sound like fentanyl. Most likely a paradoxical reaction caused by tolerance and massive downregulation of dopamine and norepinephrine receptors. (The part about eating and sleeping right after)
It's nearly impossible for me to know for sure. I take suboxone, so I don't feel it, but it's the only thing I can think of that it gets cut with anymore.
The smokers LOVE this stuff because it lasts so long. After an issue, it's not like I exactly want to go eat a huge meal, but it's not nauseating, and the sleep feels exactly like I'm nodding out. Which again, shouldn't be happening because of suboxone (6mg).
I'm 47 now, and been doing it a long time and it's never been like this... oh lord... am I too old for drugs??!! NOOO!! lol

Last edited:
Got you fam! I’m glad I can help!

Haha yeah I feel that, my stomach is just starting to level out.

Honestly, it definitely took a min haha. I also got that heavy fog from that last sesh so I kept forgetting what I was thinking every 3-5 seconds but I still had a bit of determination left too.

Have you washed it yet? I thought I could get away without washing, but I’m gonna wash it and Rex a 3-5 times it and see if that makes a difference. Might as well start a new mother liquor too.

Edit: spelling
Great job! Lol! I have not washed it, not a lot of experience doing it and heaven forbid I ruin my dope! Lol

am I too old for drugs??!!
Not sure how you think this is even vaguely possible.
While I agree that "too young for drugs" is a thing, "too old" is plainly a paradox.
If you hit 70 without amassing your own personal pharmacopoeia then you're clearly not doing it right.

You must be over THIS high to get on the final rollercoaster.

While I agree that "too young for drugs" is a thing, "too old" is plainly a paradox.
If you hit 70 without amassing your own personal pharmacopoeia then you're clearly not doing it right.

I love you beautiful stranger.

I've been using IV meth for a few years, and lately it's obvious it's getting cut with fent. I get a body burning buzz for about 3 minutes, then I eat and fall right to sleep. The opposite of what I wanted lol.
What I'm really confused about is gas. I'm not kidding, the last few times I've had the worst gut ache and gas it's barely tolerable.
Anyone have this happen? Any ideas why?
Thanks!
Extremely similar experience while swim was in California swim experienced "brain zaps" that were frequent and intense. Swim had been using by IV. After doing the thing to get the substance into his blood, was having symptoms of skin becoming red and warm more than previous uses and I small but significant "rush* within 1 or less hours was stuffing their mouth with food and ready to nap. Yes it was fentanyl laced. Once came back as ex on urine analysis but more often was a mix of mephh and feynt. Be safe. Hoping you will join me in sobriety when you are ready.

Extremely similar experience while swim was in California swim experienced "brain zaps" that were frequent and intense. Swim had been using by IV. After doing the thing to get the substance into his blood, was having symptoms of skin becoming red and warm more than previous uses and I small but significant "rush* within 1 or less hours was stuffing their mouth with food and ready to nap. Yes it was fentanyl laced. Once came back as ex on urine analysis but more often was a mix of mephh and feynt. Be safe. Hoping you will join me in sobriety when you are ready.

When drugs get this shitty, is there any other choice?

-GC

I'm so ready (again), I've been around this block a few times and it's worn out its joy. Really, what is really scary to me is the sick. The first time I kicked M was in about 1995, then again 12 years ago. 1995, all I did was sleep. 12 years, I felt a little tired, but nothing debilitating. I eat normally, sleep normally (for me), I don't see why I should be such a chicken lol!
Thank you very much for your hand, I'm taking it and holding it warmly. 🫱🫲
*edit: I lost the "post reply" button, so copied and pasted.

I love you beautiful stranger.

That's what happened to me when I got real deep into IV use and was shooting half grams to grams in a single shot. I would actually get hungry from a shot, and wouldn't really eat until I did one. I could do a big ass shot and fall asleep a half hour later. It was just my massive tolerance and ridiculous level of use over a prolonged period.
Fentanyl wouldn't cause the burning. It also would, if you weren't on Suboxone, cause a different type of high with it's own unique euphoria and sensations such as a pleasant warmth in your body, fading out, nodding, and much slower breathing that could become problematic.
Plus, since you're on Suboxone, you are literally incapable of feeling ANY effect from fentanyl whatsoever. Naloxone blocks the effects of other opioids completely by being an opioid receptor antagonist and it has a stronger binding affinity than other opioids, meaning it bonds to your opioid receptors and blocks them from being activated whatsoever.

So I'm gonna say that you're experiencing extreme tolerance from prolonged IV use.
Take a long break, homie That level of use is fucking hell and has lost all manner of pleasure. You'll be so happy after taking 2 weeks off it completely and then doing a nice ass shot.You'll get that rush I'm sure you miss greatly.

Yeah I'm kind of an idiot. I've been on Subs for years and it escapes me sometimes that I can't and don't feel the warm hug of a mother I never knew I had.. damn I miss opiates.
But! Congratulate me, I'm on day 5 and it was pretty painless. I was really tired for 1.5 days, appetite is the same, but I know there's still a lot to wait and see.
I've Always had massive tolerances for drugs and alcohol. Fortunately I have an incredible ability to maintain and act normal. The first 4 years after i moved up here, I was pulled over for really minor things, but I was drunk and should have gotten a DUI.
Ah those were the days!
Anyway, I'm going to give the dope a nice long break, give my body the chance to heal.
Thanks for posting man, I appreciate it

Lol I had to read that again. It's golden.
May I paraphrase and make t shirts?