• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth is killing my throat ! Help

Wannafireballnow

Greenlighter
I need help, I don't know where to look for the problem I am having. I have been snorting meth for about 6 weeks, my throat is raw and my voice is almost gone ! I can't stop using it. I sleep a few hours a day and I eat and drink some but not that much. Over the past 2 weeks my throat and voice have deteriorated, and I am afraid to go to the Drs because I am sure that they will recognize the symptoms. Another problem linked to all this is I see a therapist every week but she used to be a drug and alcohol counselor and if she figures it out in will be humiliated. Is there any advice you could give me about these issues ? Thank you

Drink more water, you never have enough water on meth. It'll help

Yes water will help. Drink it throughout the day.

You might be snorting too forcefully too and causing too much of the meth to fly to the back of your throat instead of landing where it's suppose to - in the nasal mucus membranes.

You can also start taking your meth via other routes and give your throat a chance to heal. You can take it orally or plug it. Wouldn't recommend smoking while your waiting for the throat to heal. Or better yet, you can quit for a few days until things heal up.

Ime meth tends to cause a drip, which makes it null how forcefully your snorting(It'll just drip down your throat anyway), i would add that I would never suggest smoking, it definitely adds to the addiction, the ritual is as addictive as the dope.

dont snort so hard or take your meth a different way. Maybe just parachuting it wouldnt bother your throat so much ( wrap in a SMALL piece of toilet paper and swallow ). Or dilute in water and shoot it up your bum with an syringe ( NO NEEDLE! ). that definitely wouldnt bother your throat.

Have you tried chewing gum? Pop a few peices in and the constant flow of salvia should help.

If you snort multiple times per day you should dissolve your crystals in saline solution and use a syringe with no needle to deliver into your nostrils, while you inhale and squeeze the bridge of the nose to make the drops into a mist.
This will greatly reduce irritation of your nose and throat.
As long as you use no more than 1ml of saline avoiding the drip should not be a problem.