• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth injection question. Please someone help me understand wtf I am doing wrong!!

CaliDope831

Greenlighter
I've been injecting meth for 3 or 4 yrs now, almost everyday so I know the basics but recently I've had to venture to other injection sites due to extreme over usage of the usual sites. Anyways my quandary/problem is now a high percentage of the times I shoot up I'll locate the vein, prepare the vein, insert needle to where i saw and felt the vein to be.... And nothing, Nada, zip, zilch. So I play the search poke and prod game exploring every angle, depth, sideways, frontwards, up and down , side to side, deeper , shallower, anyways you get the idea. All of this and yet still no register, bare in mind the needle is not clogged and is a brand new one, still nothing. When I finally get frustrated and extract the needle, low and behold, fucking blood fills the extraction site, telling me I was in a vein the entire time. Fucking frustrating as hell. Someone, anyone please help me understand exactly wtf is the problem. Thank you.

is the vein rolling? i don't have a lot of experience with IV but i do recall one of my veins always used to roll

Just because your bleeding doesn't mean you hit a vein....thats a common misconception....and the best way to find a new vein is to take a warm bath and while your in the tub look for veins that stand out....I found that the veins you can feel rather then see are the best ones to use for injecting....so maybe try just feeling and not looking....hope this helps....I know how frustrating that s*** can be..

Ive also found that after using amphetamines, it can be hard to find a vein. I dont know why that is. My guess would be, higher blood pressure, or possibly dehydration. But i only experience this problem when im already on ampz

Get in a hot shower then quickly dry off. Get a black texta, tie off and mark on your skin where you feel your veins. You dont need to change the sngle really its usually around 40 to 45 degrees. Youre probably just panicking and going too deep at unfamiliar spots.

Surface veins that are more visible rather than palpable are too thin and not suitable. So dont bother with them.