• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth in Barr dextrostat? (10 mg d-amp, IR)

The.Ghost

Bluelighter
I paid the hospital a visit a little earlier and they did the standard tox screen when I came in. Aside from the stuff I'm prescribed, I only drink and do straight nicotine. I Somehow tested positive for methamphetamine, and I'm wondering how that's possible since I've never touched the stuff. The only thing I take that's even close is dextroamphetamine sulfate, Barr generic, and that comes straight from the pharmacy so I know it's legit. Any guesses? I realize this is a drug testing question, but it's not one of those "how do I beat this test?" questions, I'm just curious how this is possible and if anyone else has been affected.

All drug tests aren't created equal...if you get one of the "quicky tests", where you get the results in five minutes
there is often a chance of false positives. I take adderall, and had a reaction for meth. I used to work for the Feds,
and their test went to a lab, you got the results a week later, and I never got a false positive.

Yeah, probably a less sensitive test that showed a cross reaction. Certain other meds, like some MAOIs, can do this as well.