• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(Meth) How to avoid gettin back into the life.

blruskins

Greenlighter
Next month I'm prolly gonna do some dope. I've been clean over a year and I just can't take it anymore. All I'm wondering is if there is any kind of advice anyone can give me; I don't wanna go back to the life. At most using every once in a while would be great. is there anything I can do to ensure that I don't fall right back in? I'm sure I'm gonna get some cause I can't control it. Any feedback is welcome. Is there any chyance that i can keep it from getting out of hand? I suppose that depends on me, but IDK

It ALL depends on you.

Honestly what's one day of meth really going to do for you? And search deep within your heart (i sound like a Jedi) and ask yourself... if you take once are you really gonna be able to stop again?

As an addict of a different substance, I can say it can be done. But it's not easy.

I would avoid friends that are in the life. Avoid places where it happens. If you're already convinced yourself you're gonna do it, make a ninja style run to your dealer, do it by yourself, and then think about how guilty you feel.

I'm not being condescending. I've done exactly that. And felt guilty.

You've already said your going to get some because you feel you don't have any control over not relapsing

I'm sure I'm gonna get some cause I can't control it.

Outlook not so good.

You can try to keep things under control this time but you need to be prepared that you might not be able to keep things under control. Have a plan to flush the stuff the moment you break whatever rules of using you set for yourself.

i have a rule which is never do more than two days in a row and have at least a two day break inbetween.
this is a rule i frequently break and bemoan my sorry-state but it is a rule which actually works when adhered to.
good luck space cowboy ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽