• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Meth/Heroin - Intravenous miss remedy?

Godsnectar

Greenlighter
In the past, when my friend would develop a miss from IV use with meth and/or heroin they would take a thin slice from a potato, setting it directly on the miss and wrapping it with a self adhesive sport wrap. Leaving it on for roughly an hour. Afterwards, removing the wrap, the lump was completely gone. My question is this..has anyone seen or experienced this and does anyone know how this works or what exactly is happening? Thanks in advance ..

From what I understand it is an old school remedy for infection. Our Ancestors didn't have antibiotics so they found that the starch in potatoes acted like a drawing salve. They put potato slices on their boo boos to draw out the pus.

I used to have a book called 1001 home remedies ( or something like that ) and they often used all kinds of household items to help with their maladies. That's where the honey, whiskey and lemon concoction came from for coughs. And people actually put a bar of soap under their sheets down by their feet and it apparently helped restless leg syndrome.

Your post would actually make a great thread. " Post your favorite home remedy that actually works"

You should do it. Put it in the Life advice and Visual Arts section. Bet you would get a bunch of good comments.

By the way...............welcome to Bluelight @Godsnectar :Mario party: