• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth... getting "stuck" on dumb stuff that isn't fun or productive

Are you thinking there are bugs in your carpet/hair? Or just picking at it without that idea? (I have a personal interest in this...)

Are you thinking there are bugs in your carpet/hair? Or just picking at it without that idea? (I have a personal interest in this...)
When I pick it's never because of meth bugs. I've never once experienced meth bug hallucinations. To me, it looks like I have a zit that I can pick at, so I do. When I'm sober I pick at my zits more than most people probably do, so it makes sense that I would do it when spun too.

As for carpet surfing, they're probably looking for imaginary dope shards they think they dropped. I've seen a lot of people do it.

The last few times I've smoked I haven't picked once and I'm pretty proud of myself for it haha.

When I pick it's never because of meth bugs. I've never once experienced meth bug hallucinations. To me, it looks like I have a zit that I can pick at, so I do. When I'm sober I pick at my zits more than most people probably do, so it makes sense that I would do it when spun too.

As for carpet surfing, they're probably looking for imaginary dope shards they think they dropped. I've seen a lot of people do it.

The last few times I've smoked I haven't picked once and I'm pretty proud of myself for it haha.
Okay, I thought that's what you meant by carpet surfing, but wasn't sure about the picking.

I got a little freaked out recently watching someone go into full-fledged freak-out over bugs (the worst being an "infestation" of the hair that caused them extreme panic and suffering), even though we were only at the 36 hour mark for being awake and had only done a moderate dose over the previous day (~40mg sniffed).... it took the better part of 6 hours to convince them that some sleep was in order before going to the ER.

I have picked a few times but I always get myself to stop before it looks like anything more than the way I normally pick at my zits. Luckily I've never gone too far to where it was clear that I was picking due to drugs. It just takes a lot of willpower to stop. I'll basically be screaming at myself in my head to stop until I finally do.

I have picked a few times but I always get myself to stop before it looks like anything more than the way I normally pick at my zits. Luckily I've never gone too far to where it was clear that I was picking due to drugs. It just takes a lot of willpower to stop. I'll basically be screaming at myself in my head to stop until I finally do.
Oh man! Good for you for being able to stop yourself. When I’m high and start picking my willpower goes out the window. My fingers will go on autopilot for what seems like hours at times. I’ve destroyed my skin many times. I also tell myself to stop, but keep going anyway. It’s disgusting and the first time it happened should have been my cue to stop using. Yet here I am again and my fingers are starting to wander. Must stop now before I shred my face. I saw this post just in time, hopefully. 😩

I got a little freaked out recently watching someone go into full-fledged freak-out over bugs (the worst being an "infestation" of the hair that caused them extreme panic and suffering), even though we were only at the 36 hour mark for being awake and had only done a moderate dose over the previous day (~40mg sniffed).... it took the better part of 6 hours to convince them that some sleep was in order before going to the ER.
Yeah, I knew someone who was convinced she had Morgellons disease. She insisted she had little fibers coming out of her skin that she would pull out and they would move around. Yuck! I thought she was just a tweaker. Read more about it here if you’re interested. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5811176/

It’s called ‘stereotypy’ or (I think) ‘punding’ and it’s part and parcel of the meth experience. Much more so than with any other stim. Almost everyone gets affected by it a bit. The only solution I know is to set regular alarms and times on your phone to remind you to do something else and stop whatever you are fixated on.

The picking at your body is a really bad one and a specific problem for quite a few people. You have to remind yourself (set alam) to check every 5 minutes whether you’ve started up at it again until it becomes second nature to monitor yourself doing it.

Omg, my thing has become picking at (well, in) my nose. Just staring in the mirror trying to remove imaginary boogers..sometimes even with foreign objects (pencils, straws, etc)! At one point I had sores inside my nose. Not from the meth, but from picking my nose.

My newest thing has become excessively blowing air out of my nose; again, trying to remove imaginary boogers. Sometimes it gets so bad that I’ll blackout for a second. The first time it happened, it TERRIFIED me. Turns out, I was expelling air so frequently (hyperventilating) that I was depriving my blood of carbon dioxide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocapnia?wprov=sfti1