• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Meth for Mental Health use???

kaykay99

Greenlighter
So don't know how to start this but is Methamphetamine used in treatment for any mental health conditions other than ADHD? Long story try to make short, my bf has suffered his whole life with mental health he was labeled schizophrenia, bi polar, schizo active depression, defiant disorder, intellectual etc every doctor diagnosis him different.
He struggles with talking in a normal way or sometimes doesn't realize the other persons feelings. He has horrible anger problems and I see him trying to control it so hard .... Like I said long story but he is a great person who saved my life from many bad things, I had already got clean and I was there for him thru giving up Crack, Molly, ICE, K2 the weed really helps him with the anger but sometimes seems to give him paranoia (but not too bad)

I say all this to say when he quit the Meth he became different he began having these problems holding normal convos, he struggled with learning new things or understanding sometimes pretty simple things, he had this developed horrible anger, not toward others but he injures his self during these attacks

He made one more attempt with mental health professional who diagnosed him with PTSD and borderline disorder......

My bf has been clean and we have been going thru this for two years, he had a relapse/accident. He was experiencing mania from his current meds and stayed up two nights forgetting he had a court ordered appointment (law trouble 2+ yrs back) he tried so hard to stay awake struggling and he called the man to see if a reschedule was possible he was denied. It just so happens while unpacking a few weeks back he came across a small amount of I c e and he said here hide this somewhere well he decided on taking a few hits to avoid missing the appointment, jail etc

After it kicked in I was in total ahh he was a totally different person he was talking to me perfectly like he used to, he had a few things happen that normally would be a huge trigger to his anger and he handled it well, he completed his appointment with it going better than ever before, we got back he sat down and was able to talk to me and understand everything unlike usually, he fixed things that he had got upset and gave up on because he couldn't understand.......

I personally never did it I hate that he relapsed and I haven't said anything to him about this but I'm very curious if anyone has experienced anything like this or maybe this is from his brain lacking the chemical because of the abuse of it in the past? If that makes since. But his family said he was like that before the drug habits formed?...

But I just never seen anything like it, just like when you give someone having a panic attack a Ativan or something similar. I just can't help to realize that there is something to this, he has tried hundreds of medications, therapy sessions, anger management etc
And if he is able to say hold a job, communicate with others perfectly no problems, have complete control over anger and everything else be so much better and more normalized for him due to this drug Why is it not prescribed safely to people? Or is it?

Any ideas or info would be a huge help, even theories , also would like to add I'm in no way going to ever encourage him to do this, if anything I would try to discuss it with his Dr.

Dexamphetamine completely improved the quality of my life after I was diagnosed with ADD.

Methamphetamine completely ruins my mental health causing severe depression.

Maybe someone has microdosed it and can say it's ok.

maybe he has some type of add or adhd that effects his talking, like he can't pay attention enough to his speaking so it comes out weird and the drug fixes that? maybe he can get some adderall or something so he doesn't have to deal with street meth. meth usually doesn't end well for people with paranoia or anger problems, even though it sounds like it's helping him. must make things smoother so he has better mental health. it may get to be too much though? nobody really knows.. but it seems like adderall or one of those types of drugs being legally prescribed is going to be a lot better if he's getting paranoid from something like weed. people even with out schizophrenia some times tend to get symptoms from meth use. it's a hard drug to handle even if it weren't illegal, but it being illegal tends to fuck with people too, which they won't experience with a legal prescription... i smoke a lot of weed and since it has been legalized i don't even mess with other drugs cause i don't want to get paranoid. anything you can do to be as legal is possible is probably gonna be good for a certain type of persons mental health.

Dexamphetamine completely improved the quality of my life after I was diagnosed with ADD.

Methamphetamine completely ruins my mental health causing severe depression.

Maybe someone has microdosed it and can say it's ok.
Is it possible to microdose meth? My ex attempted to do so and by day 3, he was already increasing his dosages. Before the week was over, the whole idea was completely out of the window. He also claimed that his productivity and focus at work improved vastly….which is hard for me to believe since he went from never missing a day to frequently taking off or coming in late.

I was diagnosed with adhd in college and for a short time was on adderall. The abilities and improvements that I had on adderall are nonexistent when I use meth. Meth makes me withdraw; adderall made me outgoing and sociable. Meth makes me paranoid; adderall made me alert. Meth makes me inattentive and distracted; adderall made me hyperocused. I could go on and on… The only similarity between the two (for me) was a decreased need for sleep.

For a short time, I went through a phase where I would smoke meth and begin cleaning everythingggg in the house. At the time, I thought that was me being ~productive~. Now, I look back and realize that phase was merely foreshadowing the OCD-like tendencies that I would acquire from long term meth use.

IME it’s not good for mental health long-term. It suppresses core functions of your body like sleep and appetite, important for mood regulation. Also, while it floods one’s brain with feel-good chemicals initially, there always comes a time when you gotta pay the price for all the bounced checks you’ve written on your body’s behalf. You experience a comedown, varying in duration based upon the intensity of use, either that or you continue to lay waste to your receptors. People with ADHD often respond differently to stimulants though