• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth comedown+opiate withdrawal

MafiaInsane

Bluelighter
I made a decision of poor decisions based on short term comfort.
Neither of these 2 are to much of an extreme. But I started doing heroin about a month ago, and used it every day for roughly a month.
The last week or so had an extreme obvious fent cut, which I'm not sure how much/ if it would effect anything.
But my first 24 hours when I ran out, I was supposed to find that I didn't feel too badly. I still had symptoms but not as bad as I had thought I would.
But the second day flipped. I slept the first night with ambien. Wake up starting day 2 and it had gotten much worse than it usually would get on average, IMO.
That was pretty shitty. But, thankfully for my long term health and peace of mind, I had no access to any money or any dope to use it on.
All I had always a friend who gave me some meth. About 300mlg. Not much. But my tolerance is small.
The first time I did it, I felt infinitely better. I felt nearly normal. Not perfect, but respectively perfect.
I had only done this as my friend said methamphetamine helps dopesickness, and I was going on s vacation where I wouldn't have access to any either way, and I wanted to have something to ease the shittiness.
Night 3, I take ambien to try to sleep after 48 hours awake. Instead of sleeping, I hallucinated horribly. Heard and saw stupid shit and did stupid shit because of it.
The next day, I leave for the vacation. I used meth early AM, one medium line, hoping it would keep me from passing out too early, and being able to sleep comfortably the next night. I was too tired to do anything at all but lay in bed. Didn't sleep at first.
Smoked some weed, felt a bit better, then it was night time so again, I tried ambien, marijuana, and melatonin. Same thing. Hallucinated horribly.
I slept a tiny bit, on and off, but not much, I can't imagine.

Tonight I will sleep for sure. Stuck in the same cycle, I sniffed a line of meth again, a bit earlier, just to last the day, but now it has run out. So I will sleep soon, if not tonight, then tomorrow on the commute home.

I have a few specific questions. Are the hallucinations most likely just an ambien side effect, from the 3-4 days with little sleep, or could it be both? I don't find lack of sleep to be the main problem, as it started 48 hours in, too early, and it had only happened starting-ending the ambien being in my system.
But even taking it before and not being able to sleep, I never experienced that.
Anybody have any idea?

Also, I realize 300mg for 4 days isn't a lot. I've been on longer binges with more meth, and I was fine after, comedown never made a big deal.

A month may not be considered very long either, but it's king enough to make me sick. It has been almost 5 days, usually IMO, my opiate WD at that level is completely gone by day 6-7. Even at 4-5, it isn't that bad anymore.

But I haven't enjoyed any of this. The meth use isn't fun at all, it just keeps me awake so I don't pass out, since that isn't an option. Is that normal, or does it probably have to die with at least going thru sickness? None of my meth binges lights' have faded this quickly before at all.

I'm not too worried. I have been eating and drinking, my meth comedowns have never been too bad, plus the amount is so small, I feel that it won't make much of an impact besides obviously my sleeping.
All I worry about, is if I should be throwing away ambien and being more patient for regular sleep to avoid hallucination? These are not common shadow people or anything. I'm nearly positive it's caused by ambien, I'm just not sure why now if not before.

Then I worry about the fact it'll be combined with (even mild, almost over) dope sickness.
One or the other isn't fun at all. Both can't be good.

Anybody have any ideas or any input to my questions, or any basic tips?
I know it's been discussed, but I feel like my situation may be slightly different, EG not using ambien.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for the disorganization.

oh man I feel for you. best you're done w/ all of the shit at the moment. I can't say I've never made similar decisions and I know it sucks.
I think the hallucinations are probably due mainly to the ambien and amplified greatly by lack of sleep and the generally chaotic state your brain chemistry is in. I would avoid ambien. if you have access to a benzo that would be ideal for sleep, comedown, and withdrawals.
hang in there, hope you feel better.

Yeah, I finally started feeling somewhat better after all the meth was completely gone. 9 hours ago and I actually feel much better all around. I'm hoping that it will only get even better after hopefully a long nights sleep tonight.
But I appreciate the input and advice. I called my doctor to cancel the script.
Overall things are much better than even just this morning.

The one thing I am still partially worried about is sleep tonight.
Anyone have any tips besides ambiens or benzos? I am limited as I am out of town with no connections to anything around.

OK I've been in your position before. I think something about meth use and ambien makes you have that crazy effect. I've used ambien numerous times in the past then once after like a 2 day binge and no opiate in my system I took one and tripped balls. It was a crazy experience, but not really unpleasant IMO. Only tried it once though. Hope you feel better!

For me EX IV heroin user, current Dilaudid and morphine user I could never sleep without something because the RLS I get is horrible. Honestly just taking a bath was really all else that would relax me but to be honest I have been an opiate addiction and daily user for about 8 yrs give or take maybe 6 months out of that time. I wish you luck and my advice if you can try to stay away from heroin, the withdrawals were worse then other opiates out there . I have like no will power but after going through that once I never touched it again and stuck to different opiates. Good luck!

Well I guess in future replies I may want to look at that.

Don't worry about it. While we try do discourage reanimation of long-dead threads for no good reason, whenever you post something to a thread, it's not necessarily for the soul benefit of the OP. As you know and have probably experienced, someone will most likely have a similar question somwhere down the road and encounter this thread and find their question answered just through the dialogue we've shared. If you feel you have something to add to a thread, don't be shy! We are a knowledge base and part of what makes Bluelight so great is all of the people who are willing to share their personal experiences.

Anyway, OP. Use of stimulants is super-contraindicated while in Opioid withdrawal. Not because it's especially dangerous or anything, more because it will make you feel like absolute shit. As you have described, you now must contend with both a Methamphetamine comedown and Opioid withdrawal, two unique, yet equally psychologically devastating conditions. Sometimes it's tempting to get just a little bit of relief from the pain, but in this instance, it's just not worth it.

I used to feel tempted to drink Alcohol while I was in withdrawal, thinking I'd numb the pain and it might help me get to sleep. What would really happen, is I would get 30 minutes of relief followed by about 24 hours of lingering hangover-like symptoms, in addition to my already sever Opioid withdrawal. It's hell. Now I just stick to Bud when I'm in withdrawal. It's actually therapeutic as it allows me to relax and more importantly, eat and drink.

I do hope you feel better OP, I'm sure this was a shitty situation.

CAREFUL WITH STIMULATINTS IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU WAS GOING IN OR OUT OF PHYCOSIS ..

I had phycosis and it was out of this world scary after running around a hospital ward thinking I was in school being badly bullied ( though I was quite a bit) I thougjt everyone wanted to kill me so I ran up these stairs with hospital staff and thankgod the nurse managed to keeo up with me cus I kicked out this pane of glass and was Seconds from jumpibg to my death I was that fucked up I thought the atleast TEN STORY SOMETHING Window was just a few feet but it was the nurse grabbing me when I struggled realised what I was doing and shouted "Noo" and I remember that no just freezing me just long enough for the other docs to catch up bleeding from my leg profoundly they supported me onto a stretcher which is a good job they strapped me cus I was still going mental despite having 2 diazapan im not gonna go into the rest but im so lucky to still be here and your story reminded me

what got me was the pastey amphetamine batch going around it was my first time trying it and getting impatient with effects took another load this was my first and only time using speed I hate the stuff since then nearly commiting unintentional suicide can have that effect but anyone who reads this always take these class of stimulants easy start low and patiently work your way up dont take me than you should trust me its not worth it the inly price ive paid is a permanent scare on the back of my leg I have been very fortunate im a fast runner as well so doubly when you have a near death experience you should always remember and learn from it and be grateful youve been given a second chance I am and now im very careful about what I put in my body I drink water and eat right now I treat my body as a temple, a palace and so should everyone else