• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth-cold rails burn?

IceSuisho

Greenlighter
Ok so to start off, I am a 4 year daily user. Mostly smoke now but started out like most doing cold rails. Reason for my post is I’m wondering if I’m the only one who has never felt the burn?
Dead serious. My first time on meth I had been told it was coke and because I don’t feel the pain I had no clue it was anything else (I had done speedy coke before so the smell itself didn’t bother me). It wasn’t until the second rail that buddy said oh shit, that was the wrong stuff for me to even know anything was up. Bf has cut up a Hollywood rail just to see if I would react. I had a single tear in my eye from that. I’ve never heard of anyone who else who just doesn’t feel a burn from them and wondering if there’s anyone out there or if I’m some kinda anomaly.

Methamphetamine will always burn. Like a lot.
Was there a drip? A taste?

Methamphetamine will always burn. Like a lot.
Was there a drip? A taste?
I know there is supposed to be a burn. I’ve been on this stuff for over 3 years now tho progressed to mostly smoking awhile back but I have never felt a burning in my nose. Not from meth or coke. Also don’t normally get the drip either. Not sure why.

I've known people who claim that using whatever drug generally considered painful taken intranasally doesn't bother them, such as MDA/MDMA/MA, heroin, and other various phenylethylamine stimulants and psychedelics. I think most are simply downplaying. Most find meth to burn like a cuntscrape and have that strong telltale amphetamine-ey sour type of bitter taste.

EDIT: Cocaine "burns" the sinuses and nasal mucosa significantly; It's due to its activity as a local anesthetic and vasoconstrictive properties that it doesn't hurt upon insufflation.