• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth: Clean,Dirty?

Stanbot009

Bluelighter
I feel somewhat silly asking this, I've been shooting meth for a few years now, but I've never actually asked.
How can you tell if the meth you have is clean or dirty? Pure, or not?
The meth I've always had has been crystal powder, or crystal rocks. I've seen things like bits of weed in my bag or whatever but that's like the "dirtiest" I've had it, I think.

Weigh the gear in a baggie.

Do a decent dehydrated acetone wash and dry as quickly and gently as possible. Put in same bag and reweigh.

If smoking it, when you put the rock in the pipe and light a low flame it kinda makes popping noises and when flame removed it separates into a puddle at the bottom but a layer tries to run up and out of the bowl the escapee is chopper. So when you first light it on low the first smoke blow out and repuddle then youve got gear.

Otherwise get a led torch and put it under the gear and if the crystals are not consistant in transparency and appear to have been crushed and recrystalised after its final stage the crystals wont be all transparent and will have opaque chopper cooked into it.

Speaking hypothetically, what if it was already mixed into a syringe before I thought to ask this question and I'm just waiting on some information, then how would one be able to tell?

Also, do you mean denatured acetone?

Ah I wouldnt bother fucking around with a prepared shot as the usual chopper is harmless . Gear is not soluble in acetone and chopper is.

Dehydrated acetone is just acetone thats had water content removed. Simple baked and cooled epsom salts chucked into acetone. The epsom salts absorb water and settle on the bottom.

Im from australia. Its a well known fact what the stupid chopper is here and I hate the shit but I wouldnt worry about fucking around with the shot youve prepped now. Next time if you want to clean your gear just use acetone wash.

It shouldn't burn black when you smoke it. Impure meth usually just leaves dark burned residue in the bottom of the pipe (or foil).
But hey... I think you can never get 100% pure meth from black markets. It is possible to produce a very pure meth only if you are an expert chemist. Most meth cooks are rank amateurs using bad recipes, poor equipment and little care.