• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth causing extreme throbbing/pulsing headache when smoked/IV'd

Anarchy99

Greenlighter
OK so last week my lizard got ahold of some crystal. It has been quite some time since he last used meth (3-4 years at least) and was excited to tweak again as it looked like fairly good gear (pretty large shards and nice and clear).

My lizard likes to IV his stuff primarily so he loaded up a pin, tied off, and prepared for takeoff. Since it has been so long since the lizard last had crystal, he took it very slow, starting with a small shot (50mg or so). 30 second following the injection everything seemed normal so he got up to and walked around a bit

A couple minutes later he noticed his head starting to hurt a little, like a mild headache. He didn't think much if it as the lizard gets head pains quite regularly, and so he loaded up another shot, much bigger this time, I'd say around 130-100mg. This dose felt a lot better to him, nice rush and immediately energized

About 5 minutes passed and the lizard started to complain his head pains getting much worse. Pulsating and throbbing behind his eyes, like a heartbeat in his head. The lizard began to panic. As the minutes passed, the pain got worse and worse and he said it was one of the worst pains he had ever experienced, it was so bad he almost drove his lizard car to the hospital!

2 or so days passed and he started to feel better. He wondered why in the world this happened and thought maybe something went wrong with the injection (dirty hit, cotton fever, etc.) And so decided to try smoking some. He loaded up a bowl, sparked it and everything seemed fine until about the 5th hit then BOOM! Instant throbbing pain in the head just like before..

So basically I am just wondering what in the world could have caused this as the lizard told me it was almost unbearable and I'm quite worried about him. Since the same thing happened when he smoked it, he believes it was the meth itself that caused this. We are stumped and any input would be much appreciated.

Also, I am very new to bluelight and suppose I should mention this IS my first post, so I apologize ahead of time if my format or posting location is wrong. Also, I'm sorry for the length, I wanted this to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks!

try a different batch and see if you respond the same
ps using lizard instead of SWIM is hilarious but still against the rules

Probably just a bad reaction to meth (for whatever reason). Both smoking and shooting are ROAs with very high bioavailability's...90% for smoking, around 100% for shooting.

So you're dumping a lot of drugs right into your bloodstream. And just because you enjoyed it in the past doesn't mean that you'll have equally positive experiences in the future

I have gotten this same pounding unbearable pain headache that's right behind the eyes and is really scary feeling. Seems like that's what you were talking about at least.... From what I have noticed that only happens to me when I did too much. I had a friend that would load like a shit load of crystal in his pipe and would light it for me while I would hit it, whenever I would take hits from his pipe that he loaded I would get that headache but when I load my own pipe with just a little bit and smoke on that, I am totally fine.
So yeah my point, try doing a smaller dose?