Meth around children

vee966

Greenlighter
I smoke meth, but this isn't about me.
I went with a friend to one of his friends house to smoke. When we got there i went into the house and they have several kids the youngest being a three year old and the oldest is 13 and my friend told me he smokes too although his parents don't know he does. Anyways, we went into the couples room and smoked there, it was my first time meeting these people and they were very suspicious of me. My friend told me they were scared cuz they thought I was undercover and I wasn't allowed of use my phone because they were paranoid I would be recording them.

I can't stop thinking about this and I feel like I should report it to get the kids out of there but I'm afraid they would somehow find out it was me do something to hurt me or my family.

If they had control of their use maybe I wouldn't be worrying this much but they smoke a lot and in the short time I were as there the dad verbally abused the kids and I honestly feel they are not safe there.

How could I go about reporting this without anyone knowing it was me. Or is this non of my business and I'm over stepping ?

I wouldn't personally know what to do, that's a testy situation. I think the unfortunate part is that child services being involved doesn't necessarily mean a better life for the kids. Who knows where they'll get dumped? Not a healthy place for them to be, really sad for those children :/ Maybe someone else with experience could advise you on whats best. Personally I think it's best you just dont physically bring yourself over to that house, seems like a dangerous and negative place. But hey maybe you can do something really good for those kids and save them from a life of hell.

Geez this is a no-win situation. Can't offer any advice except don't go over to that house again.

Getting the children taken away from their parents most likely will only make the kids life worse.

A majority of foster parents are incredibly abusive and the children would be cycled through dozens of them.

Life sucks and there's probably nothing you can do to help those children's situation.

Kids as young as three exposed to meth. Why the fuck would you not report this? I'd much rather end up in foster care than live with a bunch of low lifes who find it perfectly ok to smoke around their children. Their dad is also fine and dandy about smacking his kids around? Is this some sort of troll post? Report anonymously, i'm sure where they live a lot of their types are up to similar shady behaviour. Maybe the braindead dad might think it was one of his rivals.

Use your fucking brain, these are fucking kids having their lives potentially ruined because of these useless scumbags. No wonder people's life's can fall apart because of others who wouldn't reach out and help. Sickening.

Not reporting it because of either fear for yourself or fear that the kids will end up in a worse situation (no one has any way of knowing that) is simply turning away. These kids need someone to stand up and say they are in a very unhealthy and unsafe situation. How long has it been since you were there? What state are you living in? If you think that you could not make an anonymous phone call to report this then send an anonymous letter to your local Child Protective Services. Yes, foster care is a crap-shoot, but that makes the odds slightly better than where they are now. In addition, the threat of losing one's children is one thing that sometimes compels a parent to tackle recovery. I have friends that have been in foster care and friends that are foster parents--just as there are horror stories out there there are also stories of kids lives being given the chance they could not have had at "home". Make the call if you can do so safely, otherwise write a letter simply asking for a welfare check on the kids. There are so many ways that these kids could slip through the cracks--from a shitty CPS worker to bad foster care to simply continuing to live with verbal abuse and serious drug use (the 13 year old is already using)--I don't think I could live with myself if I did nothing.

It's been a month since being there. I guess they were already reported numerous times by their neighbors but kids are still there and nothing has changed. I don't know how that makes sense since they were reported several times. I'm in Colorado, but in a small ass town.

It's been a month since being there. I guess they were already reported numerous times by their neighbors but kids are still there and nothing has changed. I don't know how that makes sense since they were reported several times. I'm in Colorado, but in a small ass town.

What part if you mind me asking. I'm from Colorado and am interested in law enforcement dynamics in small towns. Interesting to see how neglected most of CO is since Denver blew up and left everything behind in a depression.

What part if you mind me asking. I'm from Colorado and am interested in law enforcement dynamics in small towns. Interesting to see how neglected most of CO is since Denver blew up and left everything behind in a depression.

I get paranoid as it is so I rather not say exactly where but close to vail.

Fair enough, sorry to intrude, just curious. sorry to hear what you're going through right now, maybe you can try to report yourself and hopefully persistence will bring some justice. You sound like a good person