• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth and sleep

Jjkkiill

Greenlighter
Hello. Not sure if this is the correct place to post this.
Just looking for help/advice.

A "friend" of mine went out Friday night and ended up doing 3 points of molly around Saturday morning at 5am. Everything was fine until it got to afternoon and no sign of sleep was evident. They figured by this point that it likely wasn't molly but meth. They haven't done anything since then. Sleep has only come a few times for a total of like 4 or 5 hours. It is now Monday afternoon and my friend still does not feel tired at all. Tomorrow will be the 4th day with barely any sleep since Friday morning, friend is worried.
My friend has drank plenty of fluids (water, Gatorade, and cranberry juice), eaten, taken daily vitamins, and showered. Nothing is helping.

My friend does not prefer weed. They do have alcohol but worry about mixing it, would it be fine to take a few shots to see if the drowsiness helps since it's been a few days since they took it?

They talked to another friend who does have xanax but again they worry about mixing and the lack of sleep, and wouldn't know what amount would be safe to take.

Four days after stopping meth you should be at least somewhat tired. Are they actually attempting to sleep or are they staying up because they don't feel tired?

If they just need to sleep then xanax should help with that. Tell them to lie down in their bed and take .5-.75mg of xanax, then just keep lying there until they pass out. Sleep might be rough days after meth use but it should return to normal after a week.

They have attempted multiple times a day to sleep since then. They just lay in bed unable to. The Male friend has gotten the most sleep, about 6-7 hours, the female friend has only gotten about 4. Today they don't feel tired at all.

My friend does not prefer weed. They do have alcohol but worry about mixing it, would it be fine to take a few shots to see if the drowsiness helps since it's been a few days since they took it?

They talked to another friend who does have xanax but again they worry about mixing and the lack of sleep, and wouldn't know what amount would be safe to take.

For the sake of it let's say it is meth, because that would be worst case senario. Even with meth's extremely long half life (12 hours), by the fourth and fifth day it should be more or less completely out of your system. With that said, yes, a couple shots of alcohol or a little xanax could help with sleep.

Sounds like friend is redosing.

This is not a good idea but could be wrong.

A log of xannie will be okay, the crash will come and sleep will happen.

Just dont try forcing it. And dont drive at all as no sleep impairs far worse than the original drug, its not worth it.