• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Meth and pregnant

Tanya_276

Greenlighter
What a way to introduce myself, I know. And please try not to judge too harshly. I’m in the process of getting clean. My main worry right now is this first Doctor appointment and if they will drug test me. Then what? I live in Wv so not sure if that makes a difference or not. My goal is to be clean by then but I’m not sure how long it stays in your system. Plus I’m scared if they do drug test if the results come in and she tells them in front of my boyfriend who has no idea. So many worries!!!!!

Any kind words or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you!

What a way to introduce myself, I know. And please try not to judge too harshly. I’m in the process of getting clean. My main worry right now is this first Doctor appointment and if they will drug test me. Then what? I live in Wv so not sure if that makes a difference or not. My goal is to be clean by then but I’m not sure how long it stays in your system. Plus I’m scared if they do drug test if the results come in and she tells them in front of my boyfriend who has no idea. So many worries!!!!!

Any kind words or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you!

Unless you are doing lots of meth, or have something wrong with your liver it will be undetectable after 5 days.

Occasional users pee clean after 3 or 4 days.

How long until your appointment?

It's good you reached out.

Please stop using until your baby is born.

It's hard to quit. But if you can make it past 10 days, it gets easier.

You can PM me to discuss it if you want.

I live in NH, and here they automatically drug test you at your first doctor’s appointment, and if you have anything in your system, even weed, DCYF (child services) gets called, they will set you up with a social worker to work with you throughout your pregnancy, and when baby is born either way they drug test you and baby as well, and act accordingly from there. I used when I was pregnant with my son, and as honest as I tried to be, and as much help as I tried to get myself, they made my life a living hell. You might be able to play the “not able to go to the bathroom” card to buy yourself some time to get things out of your system at your first appointment, and if they let it slide that first time, they will definitely drug test you the next time if that’s what they do in your state. If you think you can stop using, that’s the choice I personally would make, knowing what I know now. Reschedule your first appointment if that makes you feel better, and/or you need a little more time to pee clean. Best of luck to you.

Congratulations on the baby and good for you quitting 👏
I would delay the urine test until it's out of your system to avoid children services
Best of luck to you