• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Meth and Abilify (Aripiprazole): does the later increase “tolerance” to the former, or the opposite?

ANaughty

Greenlighter
Meth and Abilify: does Abilify (oral 20mg does) increase your meth tolerance at all? Or does it make it easier to get high on meth? Abilify is a partial dopamine agonist, I found some legit science on here about that, specifically the article linked in this BL post. Here’s the direct link (the BL link was given for credit where due and to low key let you know I did search this stuff before posting).

This screenshot highlights what i need help understanding from the direct link above:

Link to screenshot on imgbox.com

Edit: I tried making that link to the screenshot an image but it said it couldn’t load the image from the URL, totally guessing that that’s bc of the https prefix?

“Under conditions of high neurotransmitter availability” is what in layman’s terms? While your high?

I’ve heard somewhere on BL, that short term doses of Abilify enhance the meth high a bit, how about on the long term injectable Abilify (200-400~ish mg/4 weeks injections)?

I’d like to know about tolerance differences in terms of within a sustained high of 2-several days, and also the required tolerance reset break duration in days (ie when you get to the point that you no longer get high by smoking shit, you need to cycle off for X days, for comparison on invega sustenna lowest dose allowed for the injectable every 4 weeks per FDA I could stay high for 2-3 days and then required 3 nights rest in a row (eg crash from high at night on day 3 of high, day 1 sober from shit, night 2 sleep, day 2 sober from shit, night 3 sleep, now I can get high again—that was on invega (Risperidone injectable, I want to know that for Abilify?)

Might need to know I’ve been a long-term meth user. Also, does bring on Abilify long-term, say 6 months - 1 yr+ effect this cycle?

Unfortunately I'm not really knowledgable enough on a lot of this to be able to provide a decent answer that you're likely looking for. I have however been taking oral Abilify at 10mg on and off, while also doing meth on and off, for probably the better part of a decade. A larger dose could provide a more dramatic effect obviously, but personally I've never really noticed any significant difference either way in terms of meth's effects while taking Abilify, even long term. Maybe a very slight dampening, but that's so hard to really say for certain because quality varies, tolerance changes, use varies, etc. I'm inclined to think it's just me psyching myself out, but who knows. I basically just use meth the same regardless of whether or not I'm actively taking Abilify and all seems well.

Of course, it's possible I'm just not observant enough as well, I'm certainly plenty distracted while tweaking. I saw this yesterday and considered responding but I was going to wait until some other people chimed in to see if my experience mirrors others but since no one else has I thought maybe a lesser response was better than none. Hope this was at least a little bit helpful.

Meth and Abilify: does Abilify (oral 20mg does) increase your meth tolerance at all? Or does it make it easier to get high on meth? Abilify is a partial dopamine agonist, I found some legit science on here about that, specifically the article linked in this BL post. Here’s the direct link (the BL link was given for credit where due and to low key let you know I did search this stuff before posting).

This screenshot highlights what i need help understanding from the direct link above:

Link to screenshot on imgbox.com

Edit: I tried making that link to the screenshot an image but it said it couldn’t load the image from the URL, totally guessing that that’s bc of the https prefix?

“Under conditions of high neurotransmitter availability” is what in layman’s terms? While your high?

I’ve heard somewhere on BL, that short term doses of Abilify enhance the meth high a bit, how about on the long term injectable Abilify (200-400~ish mg/4 weeks injections)?

I’d like to know about tolerance differences in terms of within a sustained high of 2-several days, and also the required tolerance reset break duration in days (ie when you get to the point that you no longer get high by smoking shit, you need to cycle off for X days, for comparison on invega sustenna lowest dose allowed for the injectable every 4 weeks per FDA I could stay high for 2-3 days and then required 3 nights rest in a row (eg crash from high at night on day 3 of high, day 1 sober from shit, night 2 sleep, day 2 sober from shit, night 3 sleep, now I can get high again—that was on invega (Risperidone injectable, I want to know that for Abilify?)

Might need to know I’ve been a long-term meth user. Also, does bring on Abilify long-term, say 6 months - 1 yr+ effect this cycle?
i’ve been on both and noticed it is exponentially harder to get high for A and for B , your compulsions/ticks WILL arise or come out if they haven’t already. i started to twitch real bad on the combo. the amount of times i’ve been asked if i was okay or told there's something seriously wrong with me because i would randomly jolt or jerk my body intensely is too many too count now. i’d advise against this but i’m a meth addict like you may be and a user’s going to use , so good luck.

There isn't direct evidence to suggest that aripiprazole (Abilify) would increase or decrease tolerance to methamphetamine (meth). However, there are a few points to consider such as combining methamphetamine with aripiprazole could lead to unpredictable effects. Methamphetamine can increase heart rate, blood pressure, and the risk of stroke or heart attack. Aripiprazole can also have cardiovascular effects, such as postural hypotension. The combination could potentially exacerbate these risks. Methamphetamine use can lead to psychosis in some individuals. Aripiprazole is used to treat symptoms of psychosis. However, this doesn't mean that aripiprazole would necessarily "counteract" the effects of methamphetamine or prevent methamphetamine-induced psychosis. Tolerance to a drug develops when the body becomes accustomed to the drug and requires increasing amounts to achieve the same effect. It's not clear how aripiprazole would influence the development of tolerance to methamphetamine.

i experienced longer cycles of up and the same 3-night down on the 220-ish dose of the injectable Abilify, i could stay high like 7-9 days (that how long Q lasted for me, diminishing returns after 4 days about) then cycle off for a few, it might have been. the higgher dose for a few months, felt a bit uninhibited on that higher dose tho so stepped it down a notch. much happier, cost effective highs on Abilify injection vs invega (Respridone injection) which was zombie anhedonia hell for me except the 3 day high in the cycle, only time i could really get shit done. My $0.02.

i thought to deposit that^, after giving time for someone with actual science to share before i gave you my pipe-dream as it were.

Abilify + meth was great for getting working again, not so great in judgement nor being mindful.