• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth After Alcohol... Does it make you sober?

BlackOrWhite

Greenlighter
I was told a long time ago by a friend of mine that he was at a bar drinking with some buddies. They offered him meth and said it would sober him up. He told me it did sober him up, but one of his buddies that he was drinking with told me that the alcohol counteracts the meth depending on how much you drink. I'm sort of confused. FYI I tried meth earlier today after I felt pretty buzzed on alcohol, just curious if it would hit me harder if I did it while sober, or if it would even matter. Right now I feel fucking great... Just a lot more sociable. I'm not talking non-stop like a fool or anything like that, like I've heard people do, just... Nice and mellow. Figure that lol.

Short answer: No. And everybody who spreads this dangerous myth deserves to be punched in the dick.

Meth will at best counteract some of the tiredness that results from the ingestion of alcohol, but your ability to operate vehicles or make rational decisions will be even more compromised than on either drug alone.

^ Right
Booze and speed is a fun and pleasant combo, but it sure as fuck does not make you sober, even if you think so at the time.

Thanks guys, pretty much a greenhorn at anything other than alcohol and MJ. This is my third time using... First time in 4 years, so I really don't know much about it. Couldn't even get smoke from the pipe the first 5 times because... Well I'm an idiot lol.

Nothing sobers you up from alcohol except time. Nothing.

You will feel more sober but you aren't, and you can still die from alcohol poisoning. Also, a doctor told me this combo can cause heart arrhythmia and even cardiac arrest more easily than meth alone. Not sure how true this is.. But my heart always went nuts when I drank with meth.

You will feel more sober but you aren't, and you can still die from alcohol poisoning. Also, a doctor told me this combo can cause heart arrhythmia and even cardiac arrest more easily than meth alone. Not sure how true this is.. But my heart always went nuts when I drank with meth.

I had heart palpitations when I was taking these two together earlier. It happens sometimes (Not that often) when I'm sober, but seeing how it did it when I was sober before I just shrugged it off.

I don't know what kind of meth I snorted when I was drunk but it kinda made me more sober. Like it left the buzz of the booze, but took away the tiredness, and I could move normally. It was so fun...

But please note that this "meth" could be laced, or just something else they sold me as "meth". The source was far from Heisenberg, he's on penta crystal all day, and sometimes he can't even recognize me on the street :D

I take Vyvanse, not meth daily. Often drinking throughout the day. I will say the alcohol reduces if not eliminates the anxiety and "tweakness" of the amp. But I have noticed the clumsiness and stumbling around while mitigated, defiantly still happens. I wouldn't drive or do anything especially sensitive on the combo. I'm sure my heart doesn't love me for it.

I always used to do meth after alcohol. Always this silly idea of it taking the edge off, which i does, but the negatives are not worth the initial reduction in anxiety from your first few doses of the meth until you are comfortable with it.

Two bit problems with using meth and booze.

1. I always used to wonder why I would get crippling anxiety, panic attacks and serious SNS over stimulation when coming down after a decent but not insane 12 or 24 hour session. What i eventually figured out was that for some reason coming down from meth while at the same time experiencing a serious hangover from the booze the previous night would combine to cause a terrible paranoia near psychosis level comedown the next day, for me. Not really sure why but withdrawing from GABA and Dopamine etc at the same time is horrible.

I always assumed this was the usual meth comedown. Now when i use without drinking a ton or maybe 2-3 beers max when i start the meth session, my comedown the next day is always utterly magical in comparison. Basically all that happens is the meth effects stop and i feel tired and drained and no longer euphoric. Exactly how i would feel the next day without sleep as if i had not done any drugs before. Basically a return to baseline without any below baseline negative effects from coming down whatsoever. I have tested this many times and I am still blown away that it was always the alcohol or the hangover that created the hardcore meth comedown I had learned to accept as normal.

2. This point is mostly a big issue for me after having built up a little tolerance, that had me confused for months. Basically if using more often then then then 3 full days sober without using in between: I would always start of drinking and then hitting lines of meth and for some reason would find it very difficult to reach that certain point of stimulation desired from the substance, that special places i wanted to be with the correct level of body stimulation. It would take hours and a large amount before i got these and i could never understand why.

Only recently have i realized that when i suddenly reached the point where the drug did what it was supposed to do each of those times, it was basically when i had stopped drinking long enough for the alcohol to wear off. This never clicked for me, i always thought it was due to dose or simply that i needed to be high for a few hours before it got to where i wanted it to be. Never thought the alcohol was the issue. I suspected it but always thought the booze was helping or was necessary for some reason.

Turns out that with some tolerance and reasonable dosages, the booze really puts a damper on the really good tweaky positive effects one is looking for with meth, and as soon as i stopped drinking alot when using or only did 1-3 beers when starting and then stopped. the drug would do exactly what i wanted in a very short time and a much lower dose then i had to push it to when using even moderate amounts of alcohol with it.

Basically the lesson is that all round in every way, booze with meth is at least a major waste of the drug and dampener of the best effects and at worst causes major amplifications of the negative side effects, especially the next day when coming down from one or the other. And this is all separate from the fact that apparently the combo is much more harmful to you physically.

I would always insist on doing them together due to my anxiety issues and convincing myself i needed to take the edge off the meth in some way, but now i have realised this is absolutely unnecessary and the meth works perfectly alone, even better in fact, even for somebody who is more prone to get overly anxious from certain negative stim type effects and thinks they need to take the edge off or they will freak out.

Basically, dont combine them, there simply is no reason to do so.

Yeah sorry, i realised i went off on a bit of a tangent, didn't really answer the question. I think it put it simply:

When i have meth after alcohol, it does tend to sober you up, seemingly removing much of the intoxicating debilitating part of the booze the signifies the drunkeness, however in a way that kinda keeps the good chilled effects from the alc and includes much of the euphoric effects from the stim. So it seems like a good combo, and it can be until later. Its especially great combo socially. Fully tweaked with no booze, i tend to like being alone, but with booze its more like a coke type high, more sociable, spacey, less tweaky and serious. Because i do meth alone usually, i now prefer it alone without the booze. If it was not for the negative side effects and the health concerns of the combination, i would prob still combine occasionally.

Also instead of drinking for the comedown like i sued to, a single ativan works wonders and i can usually sleep almost instantly after the 12 hour duration is up, instead of struggling for another 6 hours with anxiety/panic comedown effects like before with the booze involved.

It's fine :) I was being serious when I said I wouldn't take those two together fyi. I gave the alcohol to a friend of mine so I wouldn't be tempted lol. Yeah I don't like anything messing with my heart, at all. No bueno.

crystal all day, and sometimes he can't even recognize me on the street :D

lol that was me! Good times.

Thanks for the good read blight. From here on out, no more mixing these two. %)

When I saw this thread I automatically thought that you meant taking meth after booze as the next day afterbooze so in the hangover state. In that instance using Meth is great, a shot of some good glass to bring you out of a hangover is just what the Dr ordered, worked beautifully. Keep in mind at the time I thought everything was better with an amphetamine chaser.

Last edited:
Basic answer. Your Blood Alcohol Concentration won't go down from smoking meth. You'll still have the same amount of alcohol in your body. But odds are you'll feel slightly more sober. Personally I find it a waste of meth when I smoke it drunk as fuck.
Oh, and yeah, drinking helps me a lot with the meth comedowns, but I don't really even feel like drinking alcohol when I'm still buzzed. Same with MDMA. Comedowns are the best time for me to drink.

Last edited:
Amphetamines, especially potent crystal methamp, I can pound a 12 pack with ease and feel as though I've only had half that amount/or less. As others have said the physical effects like clumsiness, depth perception, and loss of motor skills are present, but not so much the normal GABAnergic euphoria and anxiolysis of alcohol (as opposed to said amount of alcohol without m-amp/stims). It can increase sociability, ease the shakiness as well as the comedown, but utilizing potent benzodiazepines/BZD-analogues is much more effective for this purpose IME/O.

I personally prefer long-duration BZD's, favorably diazepam or clonazepam + alcohol in moderation during the peak of M-amp and in higher amounts during the comedown, alongside clonidine (lowers blood pressure, eases hypotension) or gabapentin/lyrica (eases jitters and an anxiolytic synergy with BZD's/alcohol). Although this cocktail isn't for those with low tolerances or cardio-issues whatsoever, just my preference.

I also can drank like a full-blown alcoholic on LSD, but I prefer to do that in more social situations or during the tail-end of the trip.

Most important safety precaution is to stay hydrated if combing methamphetamine with alcohol, which is a cocktail quick to dehydrate.

YMMV.