• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Metabolites

Zephyn

Bluelighter
Could an analogue of a drug have the same metabolites? Not too sure how the body breaks down drugs tbh as my interests usually lay in how they interact with the brain, I know delta-8 and delta-9 thc share metabolites, but they are really close analogues

Could an analogue of a drug have the same metabolites? Not too sure how the body breaks down drugs tbh as my interests usually lay in how they interact with the brain, I know delta-8 and delta-9 thc share metabolites, but they are really close analogues

Can you be a little clearer in your question 🤔

I'm with Negrogesisc on this. We could definitely use a little bit more information to help you out better. In short, yes, it's definitely possible and happens all the time. In pharmacy, it's pretty common to seek out metabolites in favor of more complex metabolic pathways to those metabolites.

I'm mainly trying to figure out of "deoxymethoxetamine" would trigger a false positive for pcp on a drug test, and if so, if it could be ruled on by gc/ms or if it would share metabolites with pcp?

"deoxymethoxetamine" is a ketamine analog so the body would treat it in a similar way.
Actually it probably shares similar metabolites with MXE. Also I believe the methyl group on the aromatic ring is likely to get oxidized pretty quickly.
Just looked at both molecules and the major metabolites wouldn't be exactly the same but maybe close enough. Basically MXE would lose the methyl on the oxygen while the drug you mentioned would gain an OH group (in both cases it makes the drugs more hydrosoluble so the kidneys can get rid of it easily).

Just google their respective metabolic pathways (or the one from a known analog) to get an idea of what the major metabolites might be.

Don't really know much about the testing procedure for dissociatives though, so no idea if it could trigger a false positive for pcp. Would the results from the mass spectrometer analysis be enough to prove you consumed that particular drug instead of the other? Don't know either, I guess it depends on their criteria.

Last edited: