Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MET vs EPT: Friendliest Simple/Base Tryptamine

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
For those of you that are experienced with both, which do you think is the most easy-going? I have tried both, but I'm stumped when it comes to deciding which one is better natured. They're both so good-natured!

It's somewhat dose-dependent, of course. I have heard that MET can be a bit challenging at higher doses, but that's not been my experience. I don't think enough people have reported back in EPT at high doses for there to be much to go off of.

If you feel like DMT, DET, DPT, aMT, NMT, MiPT, DiPT, EiPT, etc. would be a better candidate, go right ahead. I wish Bluelight had a poll function

Guess I should have added MALT, DALT, and MPT, too

I was really sold on MET for a second there; "reported to be considerably more stimulating, grounded, and less jarring than the head space of DMT, which has led some to describe it as a more recreational variant of DMT."

Sign me up for that god damn. But, reading around here people were saying its even more nasty to smoke than DMT and leaves your mouth tastings of dmt for days, thats enough for me to steer clear.

I haven't minded vaporizing it, but reports of others finding it to be caustic concern me quite a bit. A lot of people seem to prefer it by IM, but that's too much trouble for me to bother with it. I guess there's always RIMA potentiation, but I haven't explored that. I personally can see similarities to DMT me, but the comparison have me entirely the wrong idea going into it. For me, DMT is several orders of magnitude more engrossing. Kind of like how people have said that 2C-B is like a mix of LSD and MDMA (but it's nothing like a combination of the two.)

I have only tried DMT, MiPT, DPT and MPT of the base tryptamines, but I find MPT to be very chill and friendly, by far the most out of the ones I've tried. Great stuff.

I haven't tried MET yet, but out of DMT, DPT, MiPT, DiPT, MALT, DALT, EPT and MPT I would second MPT being the most friendly. Second place probably goes to EPT though. I found most of the effects of EPT to have some kind of ceiling - going from 80mg to 120mg (plugged) seemed to only increase memory issues and confusion without increasing the intensity of visuals, feeling, etc.

Yeah, I definitely got the impression that pushing the dosage with EPT gets you nothing but more side effects and confusion. I've heard the same is true of its 4-substitutions

Oh yeah I've tried DiPT too. MPT definitely is still the chillest and friendliest.

Wow, I would never have guessed. Shame I wrote that one off, it seems! Still, I wonder how it compares to EPT and MET, the two friendliest I've come across. I combined vaporized MET with a somewhat underwhelming oak 2C-B experience not long ago, and it was the perfect accompaniment. I pretty much always find that mixing psychedelics generally causes than the fight rather than blend while increasing side effects. Not so with this. I don't think I'll take 2C-B again without MET if I can help it. They really evened out the other's inadequacies