• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Messed up vision on opiates. Any tips/remedies?

switchtop

Bluelighter
I'm starting to get pretty annoyed about the fact that whenever I do enough of a certain opiate (except for a few) to get high, it always affects my vision. Sometimes it affects my vision so much that It makes me nauseous from having those stupid fucking crossed eyes.

I've noticed it the most with oxycodone and hydrocodone.

Interestingly, it doesn't happen to me with oxymorphone. I find this strange because oxycodone is the prodrug for oxymorphone.
It also doesn't happen with morphine.

Right now I'm on about 60mg of oxycodone, and it's killing me. It took me 5 minutes to log into blue light (about 3 minutes to get my damn eyes to focus enough to find the login box, and about 2 minutes to find the right keys on my keyboard to type it out. So far I've spent 15 minutes to type what you see so far.

The worst is when it happens in my college classes. I'll nod out every 5 minutes, and then when I open my eyes, they're severely crossed and unfocused. I've already caught two different girls looking at me funny this semester already. I'm sure I look like a fucking retard, jolting awake and keeping cross-eyed for 5 minutes. I can't imagine what the professors think. It's a very large university though, So I'm sure the professors have seen it all and they know what's up with me.

I don't really care what these people think about me, because I usually get the highest grades out of everybody in most of my classes. I know that sounds arrogant, but I just wanted to state that my opiate use does not negatively affect my grades. Also, I never drive while in this state.

One of the things that helps get rid of this a **little** bit is snorting some Ritalin.

Does anyone else experience this fucked up vision on some opiates?
Any tips or tricks?

Lol, by the way, I started typing this at 4:06 and it is now 4:37. I probably could have done it in 20 minutes if I wasn't such a grammar/spelling nazi.
Finding the keys on my keyboard is a pretty daunting task, especially when I'm seeing 2 keyboards every time I blink xD. And yes, I did search around for an answer first, but I couldn't find a solution. Plus, all of the forum discussions I found did not contain a solution. It's also been a while since anyone brought this up, so maybe someone has found a solution since then.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
^lol

Anyways, now it is 4:44 xD

Lol, it's just something your most likely unfortunately gonna have to just deal with. I never really noticed that on oxycodone when I used to do them (from what I remember ), but every now and then when I do a good shot of dope I get blurry vision for about ~15 min. Im not able to really read my phone or any small print during that time