• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Messed up benzo taper. What do i do?

kittyman96

Greenlighter
So I've been taking 3mg of clonazepam for the past 2 months and in the last 3 weeks I've gotten down to 1mg daily and the last couple days I've taken .75mg. Today I fucked up and took 4mg. Should I take none tomorrow? What would happen if I did that. I was thinking maybe taking .25 mg tomorrow if I would go into withdrawals but I don't want to fuck up my taper even more than I already did. Any advice is welcome.

Idk a ton about benzos but if I were in your shoes I would take .75 for a few more days. I know anytime I taper opiates I don't decrease the dose until I KNOW I will be able to handle a decrease. if you drop doses too fast what happened to you will almost always happen. The person will crave more and more and eventually break. At least that's how it works for me every time.

Maybe someone with better benzo info will stop by. But pick yourself up, brush the dust off and get back on your plan. One slip up doesn't mean it was all for nothing. I mean you went from 3mg to .75 in a few weeks. It might have been a little too fast but that doesn't mean it's not an accomplishment. Good on ya man and keep trying, you will get there if you want it bad enough.

Actually I just read your post again and maybe stick with 1 mg until you're comfortable. You messed up at .75 and to me that means your doses got decrease too soon.

Go to the last dose you were comfortable at and then hold. Don't skip days. I wouldn't reduce any more for a few weeks at least. It's only been a couple months. you can jump off faster than someone who has been on it for years. it can also take a few weeks before you start getting symptoms. don't worry about the half life thing. These things take time. I would get down to .5 mg or a little less for a few weeks then jump off. shouldn't be too bad. klonopin is nicer than shorter acting benzos. I would get some pg and make a solution and microtaper. small cuts every 2 or 3 days and round out your discontinuation curve. easier to manage. You're doing great don't rush it. keep it slow and simple. don't overcomplicate things or start screwing with dosages. good luck. :)

fucking up is fine and expected man dont beat yourself up
just go back to your tapering regimen and keep it slow its a turtle race
good job on cutting back i know its easier said than done never think a small amount of progress isnt any progress

Good advice from jammin and the other BLers. Only thing I would add is to use kratom to get you over the rough patches.

Taper very slowly, get sleep, nutrition and exercise. Keep on keepin' on, you'll make it.

fucking up is fine and expected man dont beat yourself up
just go back to your tapering regimen and keep it slow its a turtle race
good job on cutting back i know its easier said than done never think a small amount of progress isnt any progress
This is true! Hey from what I read in your post you've had weeks of progress and 1 day or moment of weakness so to me it sounds like you are winning. Just don't make it a habit of giving in. As they say in the step meetings it's progress not perfection!