• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Mescaline safety profile with lots of prescription drugs. I want to trip on cactus but need a good pharmacological mind to assess the safety w/ my scr

Joey

Bluelighter
I have been thinking of going to buy some cactus from a place in Toronto which is a couple hours away from me. The price and product reviews are all well and good and Ive read through the instructions to cook the cactus down to a mescaline drink many times. I'm confident I can get through the process. I'm confident that I can handle a strong psychedelic experience as well as I've endured quite a number of them in the past .

I'm making this thread so I have some reference material whenever I finally take the plunge and do this. This might be more like a New Year 2023 thing than something I do next week. I'll keep this thread in mind so I can keep asking questions until Im settled on this decision enough to take the plunge. I would love to do this in the format of a shamanic experience with supervision and purpose. I've always just more or less partied when I toon psychedelics. That's a great and fun experience and all but I've never taken the more modest and introverted to revolutionizing approach that some people take. I'm not a big fan of the mind expansion theory. I find that the mind altering effects of drugs are fantastic and all, but upon sobering up the chance of PTSDing your way (from my view) to enlightenment by melting your consciousness for a bunch of hours is a very overrated concept.

And if we do accomplish that throughout drug use. Achieve a better frame of mind and a new direction in life somehow due to them. We should give ourselves credit too. Drugs alter us, guide us, give us an argument to what rationality consists of as we soak in a new set of information while we influence ourselves with these drugs to enstate a life changing epiphany. But WE have the Epiphany and WE used those tools. I'd like it if people dropped the psychedelics are god sort of ideology that is so common in this scene.

Anyway. I have some prescription drugs which I take. I need a safety profile from someone with better knowledge and experience than I do around the pharmacokinetics of this.

Methadone
Morphine
Vyvanse aka lisdexamfetamine
Dexedrine aka dextroamphetamine
Lithium
Gabapentin
Lorazepam
Amlodipine and bisoprolol - these are heart meds ones blood pressure and other slows my heart rate down lowers

I'm used to taking amphetamines and psychedelics. I know the potential for a darker shade on my trip or even a bad one due to anxiety. I assure you I am very experienced and tolerant of these drugs and especially at the dose I am at. 100mg Vyvanse and 30mg dexedrine daily. Experimentally I'm used to this whole set actually and mixing drugs. But I know it's reckless and dangerous even. Can you provide me a physical safety profile here?

wasn't there something about combining lithium with psychedelics being problematic? not sure

Methadone
Morphine
Vyvanse aka lisdexamfetamine
Dexedrine aka dextroamphetamine
Lithium
Gabapentin
Lorazepam
Amlodipine and bisoprolol - these are heart meds ones blood pressure and other slows my heart rate down lowers
Vyvanse/Dexedrine will make the body load more unpleasant and could increase anxiety.
Lithium can potentially be lethal with psychedelics. It can cause seizures, extreme confusion/delirium, and other effects when mixed with psychedelics such as LSD.
Lorazepam will decrease the effects of mescaline.

Vyvanse/Dexedrine will make the body load more unpleasant and could increase anxiety.
Lithium can potentially be lethal with psychedelics. It can cause seizures, extreme confusion/delirium, and other effects when mixed with psychedelics such as LSD.
Lorazepam will decrease the effects of mescaline.
Thank you. I will cut the lithium out ahead of time.

I think this is a great idea Joey and wish you the best on the journey. While I can’t help terribly much on drug interactions I did want to chime in to comment on your plans.

As you said, no one should ever expect psychedelics to fix all their problems. It’s simply a doorway but you still gotta walk through and then do all the work when you get inside. Mescaline is a great one for self love, to see yourself and world in a beautiful light. On Mescaline everything is meant to be in its own way, it allows to fall back into the groove and flow of life.

My first Mescaline trip I remember feeling this sense that everything was in perfect synchronicity. I was in the car and the music was linked perfectly with the cars movements and all the happenings outside. When I’d walk each step was meant to be, almost as if I had a inside look of the inner workings of fate and knew why it all made sense on a deep level of understanding.

Not only will the experience be a good one but your preparation leading up can help instill health habits as well. The main goal IMO with healing via psychedelics is to bring about renewed motivation to do those things you know you should but can’t. Exercise, cooking good food, meditation, spending time in nature, hanging around loved ones, etc.

And finally, I always say don’t expect one experience to do it. It takes multiple experiences over months/years to solidify a healthy lifestyle you can be proud of. It’s extremely rare to find that person that does a 180 after a single trip.

-GC

My advice with cactus is buy the smallest/cheapest amount you can first. Then try cooking it and drinking it. Most people will take one sip say "Fuck that" and throw the cactus snot in the bin.

But if you can get it into you somehow - I used to squirt it up my man pussy with a red rubber enema hosepipe - it's a very gentle, beautiful trip. I remember it emphasises greens and browns and really makes electric guitar sound great.

I think this is a great idea Joey and wish you the best on the journey. While I can’t help terribly much on drug interactions I did want to chime in to comment on your plans.

As you said, no one should ever expect psychedelics to fix all their problems. It’s simply a doorway but you still gotta walk through and then do all the work when you get inside. Mescaline is a great one for self love, to see yourself and world in a beautiful light. On Mescaline everything is meant to be in its own way, it allows to fall back into the groove and flow of life.

My first Mescaline trip I remember feeling this sense that everything was in perfect synchronicity. I was in the car and the music was linked perfectly with the cars movements and all the happenings outside. When I’d walk each step was meant to be, almost as if I had a inside look of the inner workings of fate and knew why it all made sense on a deep level of understanding.

Not only will the experience be a good one but your preparation leading up can help instill health habits as well. The main goal IMO with healing via psychedelics is to bring about renewed motivation to do those things you know you should but can’t. Exercise, cooking good food, meditation, spending time in nature, hanging around loved ones, etc.

And finally, I always say don’t expect one experience to do it. It takes multiple experiences over months/years to solidify a healthy lifestyle you can be proud of. It’s extremely rare to find that person that does a 180 after a single trip.

-GC
Quote for truth.
Love you G Chem.
Thank you for all of the wisdom that you share here.

You’re a great dude :heart3::hear4t: