Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline questions

Espiritus

Bluelighter
How does synthetic mescaline compare to MDMA and LSD in terms of:

- Nausea on the come up
- Heart rate and blood pressure increase

I never get nausea on either MDMA or LSD but heard that mescaline is very likely to make you nauseous...maybe it's the peyote cactus or actually something inherent in mescaline?

I don’t find it similar to either of those two, either separate or as a Candyflip, as an experience or for the nausea/stimulation aspect.

Mescaline itself is pretty nauseating - I find eating clean the day before helps to minimize it and pass fairly quickly. It’s also very stimulating to me - I sweat quite a bit and pace around the house to let the energy escape. Overall I find the bodily effects much more severe than either of those two.

Peyote is unquestionably more nauseating and physically taxing but pure mescaline has a lot of those same effects but reduced by 75% or more. Both will raise your heart rate quite a bit but I’ve never felt it was at a level that was alarming and neither have the 10 or so friends I’ve shared it with.

Once it really kicks in and the bodily effects wear off its sheer bliss. Definite 10/10 substance and recommend anyone with access to give it a try. You won’t regret it!

Hej!
Maybe gave a look here:
pb

Can't confidently speak to HR/BP relative to other drugs. It does increase HR & BP, but not dramatically for me. Probably more than LSD and less than MDMA?

On the nausea front, it's quite nauseating for the two hour comeup for me. That's just a feature of the drug. Methallylescaline is just as nauseating. Ondansetron can help. If I take it with a few drops of lemon oil, I get minimal nausea. YMMV

After the nausea abates for me, it is incredibly beautiful. One of the greats imo

Thanks for the answers everyone! Lemon oil sounds good. Sounds like it's a substance worth enduring some nausea lol