View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline extraction question (s)?

Plurple

Bluelighter
I would love to grow some of my own San pedro and peyote cactus, however I don't know much about the extraction method.
Would eating raw cacuts be sufficient? Or do I have to reduce it down to goo?
What's the best way to consume mescaline?

Anyway you can get the stuff into you will work. You could literally eat 8-12in of cacti cuttings but after seeing their mass, about 1lb per foot for what i just got, I dont know if it would be possible to eat that and not puke it up. Also when you make the goo or tea you may see why people have a hard time keeping it down as well.

I just got my 12 cuttings last week and cant believe people actually try to ingest it as a plant... maybe its because psychedelics make me nauseous but cacti are big and hard to ingest i would imagine. The best way for someone with no training in A/B extraction, especially with live material as you have to work it into a puree and then boil it down etc it can be a lot of work, would be tea. At least with that you get the job done quicker, my little work up has been on going for days now.

Tea/snot is a good start I would imagine but you may want to wait for someone with more experience in gulping down huge amounts of raw cacti material, that is not myself!

After seeing how large of an amount of raw cactus I would have to consume, it seems like a very daunting task.
I checked out both extraction methods, and I have decided the tea method would be more my speed.

However I still have a couple questions about the tea method.
How do I dose using the tea?
Could I heat the mixture for an extra hour or so and reduce the amount of liquid to a couple oz? I'd much rather take a shot of snot, than drink a full glass.

However I still have a couple questions about the tea method.
How do I dose using the tea?
Could I heat the mixture for an extra hour or so and reduce the amount of liquid to a couple oz? I'd much rather take a shot of snot, than drink a full glass.
Yeah, that is what i do. Cook it down to about a cup full, hold your nose and choke it down!
I then use some kind of acidic drink (fruit juice etc) as a chaser. It tastes bad - but a nice dose of san pedro is very much worth it!
Good luck - have fun!

I think peyote might be a little pricey. You need the 10-15 year old ones (the young ones don't contain any/much mescaline) and they cost about £90 each. People use 8-10 (and experienced trippers upwards of 30) so you're looking at about £3000 a trip :D

Pedro/torch is probably better anyway - it has a lot fewer alkaloids (about 6 as opposed to 50-60 in peyote) so there's less nausea. How to consume it? There's the rub. Eating raw cactus isn't fun. Reducing it to goo and drinking the cactus snot isn't fun. The aboslute best way is an A/B extraction but you need quite a bit of skill to work with cactus snot because it all bunches together in a thick ball. The positive of an A/B extraction is you get zero nausea when you take pure extracted mescaline.

I always got nausea from the raw cactus boil and the alcohol extraction method. Serious long-lasting nausea too. Really affected the trip.

But the hardest bit is always going to be getting enough cactus into your system to actually get past threshold effects. Most people I know spend hours preparing their cup of cactus snot then take one sip, gip it back up into the glass with a long trail of cactus snot dangling from their chin to the glass and say "fuck that".

If all else fails and you can't face drinking cactus snot you can squirt it up your bunghole and hold it for 45 mins (or as long as you can stand). That'll eliminate any nausea but rectal doesn't seem quite as powerful as drinking it. It's hellishly uncomfortable holding half a pint of cactus juice up your bunghole tho. And beware "anal leakage" - make sure you have plenty of towells around you so it doesn't end up leaking onto the carpet.

Last edited:
Mmmm....leaking cactus arse snot.
No wonder people on mescaline laugh and vomit so much ;)

So it's basically, A/B Extraction, or clench your arse and try not to spill any cactus snot then, eh, OP?

Or choke it down and try to hold off from purging it - at least until you start feeling something.
That's what i've had best results from, but i've not done an a/b extraction.

Personally i found the nausea subsided as the first waves of the trip started to build. 2 or 3 hours in and i was absolutely nausea-free.
I think the first time i did it i held off vomiting until an hour and a half or so after i drank the stuff. It didn't seem to diminish the effects of the trip to sny noticeable extent - my experience was apparently much the same as the friend i did it with, who didn't vomit. I held out until i felt like it was tripping though, and it lifted the heavy weight of nausea from me when i puked.

Takes a bit of determination to ingest, but i look forward to my next opportunity to do so.
I wouldnt say the nausea from the crudely extracted, boiled-down pedro snot concentrate adversely affected the trip at all.

So it's basically, A/B Extraction, or clench your arse and try not to spill any cactus snot then, eh, OP?

I prefer to not put things up my bum ;)
However I am quite familiar with chemistry and the A/B extraction may be something I would consider in the future, but for now I think I will stick with making the goo and seeing how that goes.
About how many inches of San Pedro per dose? If that makes sense sorry beem at work all night.

A lot of people tend to consider "a foot" of san pedro cactus to be a good rough dose.
Obviously this can vary a great deal depending on how thick the cactus is (and how potent it is) - but if it is of any decent strength, and not too skinny - it should give you some idea of how good a dose that is.

Mmmm....leaking cactus arse snot.

Laying on your front stuffed with half a pint of leaking cactus arse snot knowing you've got an hour to wait is about as kamikaze as drug taking gets :D Talk about uncomfortable.

I think I am a bit sensitive stomach wise so maybe others would be ok. One thing about eating dried cactus - I've dropped dried cactus into water and seen how it blows up to 3 times it's original volume and pours off all this green and black shit. The thought of that happening in your stomach is something to ponder on. Perhaps drinking cactus snot is the way to go.

About how many inches of San Pedro per dose? If that makes sense sorry beem at work all night.

I have read anywhere between 8-12in is meant to be a good dose. Once I complete my work, provided it actually yields results, I will try to figure out how much "mescaline per inch" average is in my live plant material which may help you figure out a good dose. Again no promises because although I would love to see it go well, that is not the point of what I do :)