View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Mescaline Extraction - Echinopsis Pachanoi

Daturas

Greenlighter
Looking for a good extraction protocol to work with, have a two foot live echinopsis pachanoi that I want to take a cutting of. I have extracted plant alkaloids in the past, primarily DMT but never have worked with mescaline, any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Stress the plant first to increase alkaloid content. Don’t water it for a while and keep the plant in the dark for a good couple of weeks at least before even taking a cutting.

If you want fairly pure alkaloids…

Extracting into vinegar for a couple pulls then pool those together and evaporate to yield a crude extract. Re-constitute this into a minimal amount of water, basify with NaOH 30g per 100ml, then extract 3x into xylene or toluene.

Pool toluene pulls, wash gently 1-2 times with water in a sep funnel to remove any sodium hydroxide.

Then extract the toluene 3x with distilled vinegar, agitating vigorously on each pull. If you’d like you can wash these pooled vinegar pulls with toluene 1-2 times.

Evaporate vinegar pulls to yield full spectrum alkaloid extract. Often there will visible Mescaline acetate crystals amongst the mix if done right.

-GC

A lot of on the net.after some boiling suggest acid/base extr.never do it myself.just consume dried skin:)Lovely!

If you want fairly pure alkaloids…

Extracting into vinegar for a couple pulls then pool those together and evaporate to yield a crude extract. Re-constitute this into a minimal amount of water, basify with NaOH 30g per 100ml, then extract 3x into xylene or toluene.

Pool toluene pulls, wash gently 1-2 times with water in a sep funnel to remove any sodium hydroxide.

Then extract the toluene 3x with distilled vinegar, agitating vigorously on each pull. If you’d like you can wash these pooled vinegar pulls with toluene 1-2 times.

Evaporate vinegar pulls to yield full spectrum alkaloid extract. Often there will visible Mescaline acetate crystals amongst the mix if done right.

-GC

This seems like a pretty straight forward extraction. I will give it a shot and update later in the week. Full spectrum crude extract is what I am looking for.
Should the cuttings be simmered in vinegar until they are homogenized, and then evap into extract?

Planning on putting the extracts into 00 gel caps for easy use.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

This seems like a pretty straight forward extraction. I will give it a shot and update later in the week. Full spectrum crude extract is what I am looking for.
Should the cuttings be simmered in vinegar until they are homogenized, and then evap into extract?

Planning on putting the extracts into 00 gel caps for easy use.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

Ah then here’s something that might work for you..

https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/gc’s-crude-mescaline-extraction.915483/

-GC