• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mescaline (Experienced), crude extract of three foot Bridgesii. Fucking wow.

I tried to boil up a vat of 1ft of San Pedro with lemon and tequila mixer on a Saturday Night and my wife and kids 5150'd me. I went back later of my own accord to try and figure out why mother used to tell me I'm a jack who looks like a jill but smells like a john. Anyway one of these days I'll have a real margarita. Maybe some real mescal or tequila if I can figure out the local liquor laws in my jurisdiction(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge, the 2C-MMDA (lophophine) has only been detected in trace in amounts of peyote, but could be present in higher amounts of less-explored cactus.

It very well could be active, if not by itself, then in a full spectrum extract.

2,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine was (surprisingly) not active by itself at hundreds of milligrams, but has been shown to be active, at least as a potentiatior, when paired 1:1 with mescaline.

I had a San Pedro variety that wasn't really psychedelic on it's own. The extract only tasted salty, lacking mescaline's distinct bitterness. Paired with modest doses of mescaline though, it seemed to have substantial potentiating effects.

There is much exploring to do in the world of cactus chemistry, especially beyond the echinopsis and lophophora species.
ye I knew the tma-2 phenethyl was not active but not that it works as a potentiator.

interesting on the need for research into cactus's I have my mind on making a raman and writing my own Fourier transform as part of my schooling so I may in time be able to look at that though I would love to chase down a

DMT source in Australia Victoria as well :)

Interesting on the 2C-MMDA. The reason I say interesting is that MMDA itself seems to reliably produce reports of its main effect being "brain movies" (which I get strongly from certain substances and which I feel produces an experience I would escribe as "visionary", which people often describe cactus in high doses as - personally I have not gotten there on cactus yet). Not sure if the phenethylamine of MMDA would share that effect. But it could. And the entourage effect can be pretty powerful, where the combination of compounds can amplify some of the effects of each one, or some of them anyway.

Interesting on the 2C-MMDA. The reason I say interesting is that MMDA itself seems to reliably produce reports of its main effect being "brain movies" (which I get strongly from certain substances and which I feel produces an experience I would escribe as "visionary", which people often describe cactus in high doses as - personally I have not gotten there on cactus yet). Not sure if the phenethylamine of MMDA would share that effect. But it could. And the entourage effect can be pretty powerful, where the combination of compounds can amplify some of the effects of each one, or some of them anyway.
Yes, the mind-movies! I experienced it briefly the first time I had ecstasy, but I've had times on mescaline where I've basically zoned out and gone wandering around in an imagined world for what seemed like quite a while. The places seem so real and vividly detailed.

I would be completely immersed in this place as if it were reality, like some medatative, interactive dream theatre. I snapped out of it, was still sitting upright in the place I'd been sitting and felt like I'd returned from some incredible adventure.

Not many drugs can send the mind on such an escapade, while keeping the user safely seated in something of a meditative state. Deliriants, dissociatives, even LSD and psilocin (I've seen this) have the potential to cause the user to go running amok while in this state.

If we could find a drug that has these mind-movies as it's primary effect, while maintaining a high likelihood that people will remain safely seated and not go chasing the white rabbit, it would certainly be one of the greatest finds in the history of psychoactive pharmacopoeia.

Though somewhat unrelated to this thread, it seems as good a place as any to write it.

After hearing of Ann Shulgin's passing, I feel I should say something, as the Shulgins taught me so very much.

I believe mescaline was Alexander Shulgin's first psychedelic. He learnt that there was much inside his mind that he'd previously not had access to, things that could not possibly be held within a fraction of a gram of a white powder.

This led him on a lifelong journey, which, in turn, along with his wife Ann, produced the literary masterpieces: Pihkal and Tihkal.

I have so much gratitude for them and their work, as their books led me to gain an education in something which has reshaped the way that I look at the world for the better.

Beautiful post, I too, am very thankful to the Shulgins.

Interestingly, I get very powerful mind movies from higher doses of pregabalin, 600mg ideally. If I close my eyes, there are rapid bright flashes of color and within minutes become waking dreams. I remain awake and aware it's happening but it's very immersive, too.