Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline Citrate

rabidreject2678

Greenlighter
Hi there,

I have a question to anyone who knows anything about chemistry.
I peformed the A/B mescaline citrate tek on erowid and basically ended up with this:

20191009_140427@0,75x.jpg

20191009_140419@0,5x.jpg

I used about 4m or so of mainly T. Peruvianus and as i said i used the erowid a/b tek (really old now i wish id done more digging but i was on a massive budget and i have the supplkies fo this.

My question is this. Obviously this is probably like 50% or it could be more but as its so orange and also when i dabbed it off my finger it tasted like weird tastic citric acid.

Is there a way to re basify (my ph meter broke during the extraction) to 10 to turn it back to freebase and then resalt it using HCL acid? At leats that way the HCl salt can be washed with acetone.

thoughts? I dont even know if its active yet.....

Is that substance completely dry?
It looks a bit clumped up as if it was moist.

That looks about right for an impure citrate yield using the Tek I’m thinking of.. Obviously there’s some leftover fats and plant material as well as leftover citric acid (often comprising a fair amount of the final yield for this particular TEK.)

I’d just utilize said extract assuming you pulled full alkaloids and go from there, aka if you normally use a foot of cutting, well then try a foots worth of extract.

Often citrate and acetate extracts will look like this, it’s not worth losing any precious Mescaline to try and get it cleaner.

The taste of purified Mescaline extracts seems to often be this acidic, alkaloid bitter, with a hint of cacti.

-GC

That is what mine tasted like. I dissolved 1.2g in a drink and it was actually quite nice but it didnt do a great deal and I did it later late at night and fell asleep!

Did a 350ug acid trip 2 days ago so when I reach the stage of waiting to trip agan and do like 2.5g. I'm assuming it's less than 50% pure so 2.5g hopefully will be about 1g actual mescaline citrate.

Next time I would basify first for sure. I dunno why I did that extraction tek' its like the worst one now! But oh well it was just the supplies I had laying about.

Its def a way harder extraction than DMT using the citric tek anyway!

Next time salt with distilled vinegar, super easy to obtain and works well every time. Plus it evaporates off. Once you’ve done your first evaporation, if you redissolve Mesc acetate in fresh dh20 and then re evaporate you’ll lose pretty much any and all excess acid.

-GC

You could easily recrystallise it. or covert it to its freebase and dissolve it in a non-polar solvent, then acidify with HCl, to obtain the HCl salt? I've also seen a few teks where they use cold acetone or MEK to wash the crude alkaloids.

By mistake you could also re-salted with a different acid, your yield would have to be precise so you don't compare it to other HCL's of X/g, as the dude above said, vinegar.

Try this LINK

With out re-p.h.ing it and going through it all again an acetone wash is your best option.if mescaline is like speed (which it is) u won't lose much.use acetone straight out of the can, cover the crystals use a spoon to crush any lumps and give it a stir.tip the acetone into a bowl to dry out just in case you're acetone was wet and it dissolved some of your mescaline
(it probably won't) you should have purer crystals after this.you won't lose anything if u keep the acetone.this is the best option for improvement