Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescalin cactus - Newb questions

TheCuriousOne

Bluelighter
I'm going to Vegas, Baby ...

No, kidding. But I'm finally having the money to try 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine next week or month inside a cactus. But here I have some newb questions.
I want a strong/heavy trip on Mescaline, that should last me at least 18 hours. Now I don't know which cactus is optimal for Mescaline extraction, or which cactus type has the most Mesc in it. Which should I get?

and how thick and big in size should it be (in cm) to achieve a pretty strong trip from the whole extraction. It's important for me, I don't want a baby threshold trip, I want the full load into my brain baby.

To some people that have tried it:
Is it generally more safe and ecstatic than the 2C- compounds with a much better headrush?
Is the risk of getting HPPD higher than with LSD?
What do you do/take to surpress the nauseau while coming up? I don't want to puke and waste my worthy cacti alkaloids doing so.

thanks bros
i'm pretty fd up right now :\

BTW: Maybe a comparison chart kind of thing like in cactus size vs the amount of pure mescaline that make up the same trip or sth like that.

brilliant idea :D - thanks -
you're welcome :D

I can't give you any answers to your general questions. But I used to eat cactus soup made out of san pedro trunks that were 90-100cm long with about a 15cm diameter (Of course most if not all of the actives are constrained to the layer of skin on the outside on the cactus, so diameter might not be quite as relevant). That sent me to the moon with remarkable reliability for a plant, even with specimen from distinct batches of cactus with no way of knowing what concentration of active compounds were present.

Remember that there will be significant variation on mescaline-content with different cactus plants, so it's very difficult to say exactly how much you need.

You're looking for this: San Pedro Trichocereus pachanoi

Search around, the info is here. Approach this one with respect and modesty.

I'm afraid all bets are off until you actually taste cactus snot. Don't spend too much money until you've tasted it. Many people have spent hundreds of dollars "preparing" it, then raised the glass to their nose, took one sip, gagged, gipped, vomited the mouthful back into the glass and then put the glass back down saying "Fuck that". Usually with a big long line of cactus snot still hanging from their chin to the glass.

ew, no one told me it would be that disgusting. I thought it would be manageable, but I can not imagine that this tastes more awful than ayahuasca.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to prepare that snot in a delicious way, like in a chocolate pudding or so. and then just throw that shite right into your stomach :D

It should be possible, I've tasted a lot of terrible shit-

I'm pretty sure there's a way to prepare that snot in a delicious way, like in a chocolate pudding or so. and then just throw that shite right into your stomach :D

Afraid not - in fact I tend to find trying to "mask the taste" just makes it even worse. Would dog shit taste any better with ketchup on it?

It's partly the snot texture of it - really slimey.Good luck. Don't spend too much money before you know you can force it down.

Have you ever had a really really bitter cucumber? Imagine taking one of those awful bitter cucumbers, magnify it's bitterness by 100, then leave it at the back of your fridge to go floppy and dried out a bit. That's what eating San Pedro is like.

ew, no one told me it would be that disgusting. I thought it would be manageable, but I can not imagine that this tastes more awful than ayahuasca.

Unfortunately, the volume of cactus snot necessary to get a full trip precludes this kind of thing. I suspect you'd have to add enough pudding to at least double the volume of material in order to mask the extremely potent taste. But then you'd fill up on the extra pudding before you could get a full trip's worth of snot down. Afraid you're just going to have to bear the taste, it's part of the ritual as far as I'm concerned. Unless you're doing an extraction, but frankly it sounds like you've got a lot more research to do if that's the case.

Unfortunately, the volume of cactus snot necessary to get a full trip precludes this kind of thing. I suspect you'd have to add enough pudding to at least double the volume of material in order to mask the extremely potent taste. But then you'd fill up on the extra pudding before you could get a full trip's worth of snot down. Afraid you're just going to have to bear the taste, it's part of the ritual as far as I'm concerned. Unless you're doing an extraction, but frankly it sounds like you've got a lot more research to do if that's the case.

yeah, I think so. I've researched for about 2-3 days but to extract it properly in the powder form, there is basic chemistry knowledge needed and labgrad chemicals or something like that, I'm very inexperienced in this concern and afraid I would just fuck up the whole procedure, so I figured... this cactus snot could do it aswell.

But after what I've read here, you guys don't seem to exaggerate. ewww... this sounds disgusting.

I thought maybe filling the whole snot in loads of huge ass capsules could do it?

I thought maybe filling the whole snot in loads of huge ass capsules could do it?

You'd need hundreds of capsules. I don't think you could do it, they would probably dissolve and it would be such a mess.

I say, keep it simple, mind over matter, down the hatch.

The only way of capsuling it is grinding up the cactus and capsuling the dried powder. That is an option that I've tried BUT if you've ever dropped dried cactus into water and seen how it blows up to 5 times it's original volume and gives off all this wierd black coloured shit and then imagine that happening in your gut - you're going to need a strong gut. I was throwing my guts up for about 36 hours when I did it.

I honestly don't think mixing it with chocolate pudding will work - ketchup smothered dog shit doesn't really taste any better than dog shit I'm afraid.