• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Menthol.

atara

Bluelighter
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11897159

Menthol is apparently a kappa-opioid agonist. A few questions popped into my head upon hearing this:

First, would it make a decent analgesic internally? I've never considered the possibility of eating lots of the stuff.

Second, would it have any potential as a dissociative similar to salvia?

Third, would it's calcium-blocking properties make experimenting with the above two dangerous? Since it seems to block the perception of heat, I'm wondering if hyperthermia is a concern.

Fourth, could it be altered to hit the mu receptor? Just, you know, for investigative purposes.

Fifth, why is the damn upload filesize limit so tiny I can't upload any scientific article longer than a damn page? 97.7 kilobytes is like some sort of bad prank. Seriously. I'd link the article, but I can't.

I knew it's used as an analgesic but I didn't think there was any real pharmacology to this chem cuz it's just a mild topical anesthetic which I thought was do to it's minty coolness. I wonder how potent of a k-opioid it is as I'm not sure but I think its toxic at higher doses

Here is the full article. Read it and judge yourself how potent menthol is. I'm too lazy to go through it on my own :|

Peace! - Murphy

Nothing in cigarettes "crystallizes" in your lungs, shadowing on CT is indicative of pulmonary fibrosis.

^ i was under the impression that a normal ciggarette, over time the tar will be pushed out on its own. But a newport, the tar never is able to do so, which is why they cancelled them.

Well, yes, actually. Lots of shit from smoke can get retained in tissue.

It's not like you have to be a chronic cigarette smoker to have visible deposits in your lungs either. Even from classical smoke inhalation...

Have you seen that meme about your lungs at different points after quitting; helps prove my point

Well, yes, actually. Lots of shit from smoke can get retained in tissue.

It's not like you have to be a chronic cigarette smoker to have visible deposits in your lungs either. Even from classical smoke inhalation...

hey i found what we were talking about
296202_604651939555821_170133816_n.jpg

6369847_f496.jpg

Menthol also seems to elicit GABAergic activity, possibly through the same mechanism as Propofol.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18593637

Yeah a friend of mine claimed that if he ate a lot of mints he got a short benzodiazepine like buzz. I sat there with him one night and ate a pack of mints each. I felt fuck all xD. Maybe if you extract the menthol from mint and take that at large doses it'll do something?

Eating pure menthol just leaves you feeling like you gave a snowman a blowjob.

Also, yes, if you stop smoking your lungs do heal. Eventually. The problem is, all the shit that's been intercalated in your DNA, dissolved heavy metals, etc, that stays behind and has a long persistence in the body...

Eating pure menthol just leaves you feeling like you gave a snowman a blowjob.

Also, yes, if you stop smoking your lungs do heal. Eventually. The problem is, all the shit that's been intercalated in your DNA, dissolved heavy metals, etc, that stays behind and has a long persistence in the body...

Not to mention the highly radioactive isotope Carbon-14 which is naturally produced through combustion of all 'Nightshade' plants.

Yeah a friend of mine claimed that if he ate a lot of mints he got a short benzodiazepine like buzz. I sat there with him one night and ate a pack of mints each. I felt fuck all xD. Maybe if you extract the menthol from mint and take that at large doses it'll do something?

I've also noticed this. I used to smoke, but now I use a V2 Electronic Cigarette and Atomizer with the V2 Menthol liquid. They confirmed to me (through their manufacturer) that their e-liquid uses actual Menthol crystals for their flavoring rather than imitation flavoring. I've also noticed that after taking my Benzo's - when I use my e-cig, it definitely increases the onset of their effects, and makes them more powerful for around 4-hours.

Honestly? A lot of this could be attributed to the fact that Menthol is an opioid (Kappa agonist). But the Propofol information seems intriguing as well. If it's true - I imagine that it would most definitely increase the effects of Benzo's (especically since they have separate binding sites on GABAa).