• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

mental dependance

If you do not know what to do with yourself while being sober you are mentally dependent.
If you cannot go one day without craving for it you are mentally dependent.

At first you don't notice much, you don't fiend for it. It's more like a quick thought while your in the middle of something. Then as it progresses go from a quick thought to thinking about getting more of said drug every few hours and from there it just progresses to I gotta have it or Ima fucking die or kill someone. Then you find yourself in some shady as hell places buying shit at stupid high prices just so you can get high for a few hours.

Whatever you are taking try like hell to ignore those thoughts before it's to late. Put the drugs down and walk away sir.

Well I need caffeine amphetamine and nicotine in me or I can't focus on anything else so I guess that counts

If you feel like the day isn't going to be ok if you don't use a drug. Basically feeling like everything isn't going to be alright if you don't use a drug is a big sign that you might be too weak to handle drugs without getting addicted.

Hydrocodone & tramadol 3 month now havent tried to stop till recently... Kinda depressed without them... Thats why i made this post

Basically feeling like everything isn't going to be alright if you don't use a drug is a big sign that you might be too weak to handle drugs without getting addicted.

It really isn't about "being weak". If we were all tough guys like you, we wouldn't be here asking for help.

OP, it's common to feel depressed when coming off opiates. If your goal is to get clean, it may take some time before you get back to feeling like yourself again.

It really isn't about "being weak". If we were all tough guys like you, we wouldn't be here asking for help.

OP, it's common to feel depressed when coming off opiates. If your goal is to get clean, it may take some time before you get back to feeling like yourself again.
Weak in the sense of being mentally unable to accept being sober or without the drugs. It's not really about being tough either it's just about self control.