• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

mental addiction to weed?

Mackrul

Greenlighter
I tried giving up weed a few year ago.
Was about 16 and I physically couldn't do it.
Tried again last newyear and I felt little to no side affects could.t sleep for maybe a week that was all
Anybody else have similar experiences?

It is difficult especially if you have been smoking for a long time and started young. I started at fourteen now I am twenty five and smoke more then ever. Never did have the desire to stop though either though a little break or cutback may produce positive results sometimes.

Do you want to completely stop or just cut back?

I am completely off it nearly a year, should have made it more clear.
Was just posting up to see if anyone has had the same thing happen.
I physically wanted to quit aswell because I'd sit around for months on end staring and walls and was extremely unsociable lol
Still love everything about it but I wouldn't smoke again until I have myself a good job and nice house because I know If I get a taste of it I'll be flat out doing nothing with myself again

True you have to find that middleground not everyone can I am one of those people but still manage to live an okay functional life nonetheless.

I love weed for relaxing at night, that is basically all I use it for. When I was younger I use to smoke all the time day in and day out, now maybe 2 bowls a night one around 8PM and one before bed because it makes me tired. It is a great reward for the end of the day and as far as mental addiction sure my day may feel off without it but back when I was smoking all the time not having it ruined the day instead of making it a little off. As the person above me said its all about finding the equilibrium.

I smoked for years multiples times a day. I quit a year ago without any problem. I really believe weed doesn't give any dependence.
Ok, maybe in some moment I thought "I wish I could smoke" but it wasn't hard to resist. I don't think about weed at all anymore, seems like ages ago when I was stoned 24h a day. Mackrul You can quit easily, I quit without any problem and I have no selfcontroll.

I think the legal status making it a process to get a hold of leads to it being addictive. From all the trouble and risk, but a great pay off, people smoke more than what they know they should a day.

I smoked for years. And have now quit for years as well. Its no biggie either way. It took a long time to get used to not smoking though. It had a big change on my life.

It's quite possible to become psychologically addicted to using cannabis. Or some people use it as a crutch to relax, or when stressed out.

I also have used cannabis on/off for years, and then quit for years. I was never into smoking daily for years or even months; but yes sometimes it does take some getting used to not using it.

You can get addicted to cannabis just as you can get addicted to other pleasant-feeling things (like eating a yummy cake or even music (if you listen to it all day long)).
I consider myself a medium-to-heavy user and know that feeling, thats the reason why I hate T-breaks with passion; but it's especially hard on me when I dont have the possibility to smoke (for financial or other reasons)

addiction is mostly mental, dependence is physical. The part that makes it addicting has to do with stimulation of neurotransmitters, hence why coffee is considered addicting but no one becomes "dependent" upon it mostly because the side effects/physical effects are minimal. this is somewhat of an oversimplification as when one is addicted to a substance one is considered "mentally dependent", but modern psychology does differentiate between mental dependence and physical dependence. Mental dependence would be the feeling of needing a substance to function normally, if you don't get it then maybe you flip out and can't control your anger, that would be mental dependence. Physical dependence is when you don't get dope and you start shitting yourself or if you dont get alcohol/benzos and start seizing.

one of the reasons opiates fuck your body so hard is because you have opiod receptors all over the place, including your stomach and even your ears.

smoking/using cannabis is associated with stimulation in the reward centers of the brain, hence the association with addiciton. addiction can be overcome, but no one is stronger than addiciton.

yea i use to smoke all the time... it was pretty absurd how much we would smoke before school, and after, and during but ive always heard that the first time you use any substance has alot (but not all) to do with wether youll become addicted or not... and the first time i smoked, i got smoked out and was fucking baked and everday after that i was trying to get high again... i couldnt sleep, eat, be sociable without it... then when i started doin alot of opiates i stopped smoking all together, cause fuck weed when your tryin to get high for real and now that ive stopped doin opis i get super baked but try to keep it in check... basically if you wait til 420 to smoke and dont waste your entire day then your good

First time I quit was badd, sweats insomnia and nausea but I was doing about ~ 1/2g bho daily from sun rise till sunset. Nowadays I'm doig 1-3 small dabs a day and can now not smoke without any effects other than "should I have a toke".
I have Adhd and don't sleep for shit anyways tho

Edit: had been smoking daily for about 8yrs, then went to oil only for about a year