• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Memory Loss with Xanax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i know. Generally when i type something extremely long i kinda get into the typing and dont think much of it lol my bad.

Ya, since you are so young I wouldn't reccomend benzo's unless REALLY NEEDED, and the low dose one also. They make a half milligram pill and a quarter milligram pill, so maybe lower your dose, or switch to a different benzo such as a low dose of klonopin or Ativan. I myself am a very anxious person, but I never get the amnesica effects anymore really, unless it's a ridiculous dose I take, I never combine them with alchohol(anymore) in high school I would take Valium alot along with wine, but once I got stated on opiates my taste for alcohol completly went away. But now I've been taking them sooo long (over ten years) but anyway. My advice is to switch to a low dose of klonopin or ativan since from what I understand Xanax is the one known to cause the mose amenesica effects... But maybe mention klonopin, you don't have to redose as often and that could help, I also find it good for helping anxiety the most outta all of them really IMO, although xanax is my favourite, but thats because I guese since it kicks in so fast it give me euphoria that other benzos don't, and don't have much expericne with Ativan, and remember you are looking for something to help your anxiey, not something trying to get a buzz on, though I'm not one to talk...kinda 50/50 with me unfourantely...

Xanax was the worst thing I ever did in my life. The memory loss caused by this drug is the worst. I forgot a lot of what happened the last 4-5 years of my life. Names and people the most. I forgot a lot of what I I did for work. The withdrawals from Xanax were the worst. I won't lie I've tried and done a lot of drugs. Xanax was withdrawal was worse then haroin. I heard things saw things smelled thing that were never there. Auditory hallucinations were the worst... The anxiaty from withdrawals were worse then the anxiaty for wich I started to take the drug for. If you can stop taking Xanax stop!!!!! It's the worst 7-10 days of your life but well well worth it when your done..

Hey I know you're a green lighter and all, learning to navigate blue light, but in the future please don't revive old threads like this. Really though, this shouldn't have been in OD to begin with so I'm closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.