• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Memantine and acamprosate for adderall or vyvanse medication tolerance

InsomniacMike

Bluelighter
afternoon bluelighters

Ive heard many anecdotes of people stoping and "reversing" their tolerance to stimulant ADHD medication, and increasing the efficacy of them. SWIM is in college and takes 70mg (tries to take) every day and between 0-15-30mg of adderall ir. They have noticed the past month or two months, the vyvanse is not giving SWIM that kick like it used to. And when they do get it, it is very short lived (2-4hours max) then tapers off into feeling drained, dull, but focused for 5 hours. The adderall doses prn help SWIM but they too are becoming less effective in treating SWIMs ADHD and they are lagging a bit in college currently because of it.

If SWIY has any experience combining memanting and/or acamprosate with ADHD medications (adderall, dexedrine, vyvanse) please let me know if SWIY thinks obtaining memantine and/or acamprosate is worth it with respect to reduction in tolerance and increasing efficacy of medications to what they were previously.

Any help on how SWIM could take my medications in a better way to improve my symptoms and get me back in gear?
Will weekend breaks really do much of a difference?
If SWIM drank cough syrup (DXM) would they help?
Can SWIM increase their dose above 70mg vyvanse, since this is the max dose supplied?

NMDA-antagonists all have the potential to reducing tolerance. The term "reversing" should be used lightly I think. Whatever the case it's definitely not just potential ing the effects.

IME, ketamine has a very interesting post-effect that always sort of reset how strong my Dexedrine felt for a day or two, but by no means did it reverse it. You should look into Dexedrine instead of Vyvanse. It has the effects you seem to be looking for: instant-acting vyvanse if I'm not mistaken. It sounds like you're using the Adderall to augment the Vyvanse. I was on both, and I'm telling you going on Dexedrine made both of those drugs look like shit. Much more euphoric. Much cleaner euphoria and less negative body effects such as irregular heart beat, palpitations, and that "tweaking" feeling. I swear by it.

Also the time release is easily bypassed with Dexedrine capsules; open the cap, crush the beads, dissolve in water, plug. Do not shoot, I can't remember where I heard this but i think I remember reading that there is something specific to the Dexedrine spanules that makes it bad on the body... though to be clear, IVing any pill presents health risks. Anyway, get some dextroamphetamine. It's like "adderall, hold the bullshit". Actually, it is..... It is just about the same as adderall sans levoamphetamine, which is responsible for a lot of the negative effects.

One last thing. We don't SWIM here. The is an open drug discussion forum. No WALKing, JOGging, or DANCing for that matter.

EDIT: just throwing this out there, before I forget, Vyvanse actually is Dexedrine; (correct me if I'm wrong) lisdexamfetamine is dextroamphetamine bound to an amino acid to slow down absorption. Lastly, I ^%%*ing love Dexedrine.

If you have the means to obtain and experiment with the memantine, please do so safely, as there is only anecdotal reports of that combo, or that method. But I am very curious to hear, ironically I just read up about memantine a few days ago.

So NMDA antagonists like memantine have thoroughly proved not effective for stimulant tolerance - opiates are a completely different story. I think some people saw some of the studies with opiates + NMDA antagonists and got a little generous and applied those studies to stimulants but we now know that NMDA antagonists prevent sensitization to stimulants. I can produce the studies if need be.

NMDA antagonists by themselves will cause release of monoamines like dopamine and some of people's perceived effects may be due to that rather than real tolerance reduction. NMDA antagonists might somewhat help with euphoria though and that is complicated but if you're talking specifically about improving focus and working memory and all that then you might be better off with nootropics like piracetam.

Careful chasing the high - there is no happy ending in chasing euphoria in my opinion.