• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

melatonin boosted the shit out of my high!

cannabiskid

Greenlighter
hello all %)
I know that melatonin is a sleep aid and helps when you quit smoking. but i also heard from a friend that melatonin can boost you high. after a little research on erowid, i couldn't find much so just decided to try it. so, i took 2 bong hits, and popped a few melatonin. about 10 minutes later I was high as hell. i don't remember much but i know i was pretty damn stoned for 2 bong hits. has anyone heard of this? try it out if you want and let me know what happens!
all input is appreciated.

I've heard of it, but have never tried it myself. Melatonin is a tryptamine, and while it doesn't act on 5-HT 2A receptors, the melatonin receptors themselves and the effects they have on dreaming have been described as sort of psychedelic in themselves. If you took them orally and you got effects, I would recommend getting the sublingual tablets. Taking them orally, barely any gets absorbed, but when you put them under your tongue, mostly all of the little bastard gets absorbed, so imagine the effects you would get then probably.

i did this combo last night..

though i do not consider it a combo at all...? melatonin just helps regulate.. well... melatonin :\.. i fail to see how it'll 'boost' a weed high besides adding to the stoney couchlock..?

never forget the strength of the placebo effect.. you're taking this with the intention that it'll boost your high so you're allowing room for yourself to, in a sense, 'fool' your brain.

Honestly, I think you experienced a placebo effect. I take melatonin to help with my insomnia (when I don't want to wake up in the late afternoon from sleeping drugs) and it does nothing for my high, aside from the extra drowsiness (as expected). I might just be used to the melatonin although. And also, it takes 30mins-1hr for melatonin to set in for me (pressed pills), further suggesting a placebo effect took place.